Re-arranged Arlesey fixture

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Re: Re-arranged Arlesey fixture

Post by davealbon »

BartonRaz wrote:What was the reason we were unable to do this for the rearranged Arlesey fixture?
I think the picture below, taken at the latest Southern League committee meeting, will help explain how they came to that decision.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

If the same thing happens tomorrow night do we have to give them the whole of the gate from the rearranged rearranged fixture?

I presume that's a rule they'll bring in if it happens :hmmm:

I think they make the whole thing up as they go along !! :biggrin:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Basil

Post by Basil »

Wouldn't it of been better to let the Arlesey fans benefit from the rearranged game by giving them the choice to pay what they want rather than the Barton fans who can now effectively watch their team for free??? I totally understand the clubs stance on this and that they want to offer our fans the chance of a freebie (if they chose to pay nothing of course!). The SL could of still made it a split gate for Arlesey but at least with a PWYW gate it would compensate their fans for having to visit us twice.

I guess common sense and the SL board very rarely meet!!! They're probably still trying to find ways to get their own back on us!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Basil wrote:Wouldn't it of been better to let the Arlesey fans benefit from the rearranged game by giving them the choice to pay what they want rather than the Barton fans who can now effectively watch their team for free??? I totally understand the clubs stance on this and that they want to offer our fans the chance of a freebie (if they chose to pay nothing of course!). The SL could of still made it a split gate for Arlesey but at least with a PWYW gate it would compensate their fans for having to visit us twice.

I guess common sense and the SL board very rarely meet!!! They're probably still trying to find ways to get their own back on us!!
See Dave's post above. That may have been the original intention, but these things are always more complicated than people might think. It would have then potentially reduced the amount of money that Arlesey would get from the game - and hence would need the approval of the Arlesey board. Had the Southern League had a clear published policy on this situation then the problem wouldn't have arisen - but, as has been demonstrated, they clearly haven't - not least as they proposed to treat this game differently to the Banbury v Slough game abandoned at the same stage last season.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

er????? What Arlesey fans??? I will be surprised if they bring more than half a dozen.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

davealbon wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:What was the reason we were unable to do this for the rearranged Arlesey fixture?
I think the picture below, taken at the latest Southern League committee meeting, will help explain how they came to that decision.

They've continued to show cast iron consistency given their ruling on the Aylesbury derby that was also abandoned at half-time - http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/aylesbury ... 88995.html