[ Sat 18th Jan ] v St Andrews, KO 3pm FA VASE 4R HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Re: [ Sat 18th Jan ] v St Andrews, KO 3pm FA VASE 4R HOME

Post by Olly »

rudolph_hucker wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote:I'd like to know why the hell Starms continues to play Greg Ling every week? The guy doesn't cross, tackle, track back and as for his finishing, i'll leave it at that. With a player like Koriya on the bench you have to ask question. He wasn't the only one to have a bad game today, where as also Tom Cross doesn't live up to his name as he seems to have a fear on crosses.
Are you for real with Koriya??? Bottles every tackle, won't jump so can never win a header and has little strength so will almost always fail to get in the box.
As for Cross, that was the second major error in a cup game. If you cannot catch under pressure then punch the damned ball as far away as possible.
Very disappointed is an understatement, the volunteers must be wondering why they bothered today as they were the only people that did any work on the pitch.
Agreed with Koriya, incredibly frustrating player to watch, he's got pace but hardly anything else, yes Ling may be one of the worst finishers I've seen (he must have had about 10 clear-cut goalscoring chances for the club now and has ****ed every one of them up), but still a better winger than Koriya imo.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:
rudolph_hucker wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote:I'd like to know why the hell Starms continues to play Greg Ling every week? The guy doesn't cross, tackle, track back and as for his finishing, i'll leave it at that. With a player like Koriya on the bench you have to ask question. He wasn't the only one to have a bad game today, where as also Tom Cross doesn't live up to his name as he seems to have a fear on crosses.
Are you for real with Koriya??? Bottles every tackle, won't jump so can never win a header and has little strength so will almost always fail to get in the box.
As for Cross, that was the second major error in a cup game. If you cannot catch under pressure then punch the damned ball as far away as possible.
Very disappointed is an understatement, the volunteers must be wondering why they bothered today as they were the only people that did any work on the pitch.
To be fair I didn't say Ling was any better, although he is stronger than Faz. As was mentioned we let Wiz go. Just for the record I won't use the pitch as an excuse as it was the same for both teams. They adjusted to it better than us and deserved it.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Lost for words really. From back to front we didn't perform to the level we are capable of.
MarkH
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

Gutted, absolutely gutted. You would think the team we put out were playing for the first time together and they never looked like scoring. Totally pedestrian attitude on the pitch bar a couple of players.

This was the first time I have walked out of an AFC Diamonds game before it ended, albeit 2 minutes from time.

If we play like that next Saturday against Spalding they will walk all over us.
Unofficial Real Bedford forum
https://realbedfordforum.uk/

Unofficial AFC Rushden & Diamonds forum
https://www.afcdiamondsforum.uk/
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

MarkH wrote:Gutted, absolutely gutted. You would think the team we put out were playing for the first time together and they never looked like scoring. Totally pedestrian attitude on the pitch bar a couple of players.

This was the first time I have walked out of an AFC Diamonds game before it ended, albeit 2 minutes from time.

If we play like that next Saturday against Spalding they will walk all over us.
We'll probably beat Spalding next week and play well although it might not mean a lot as Spalding are well clear at the top, where as we needed a performance today. Greg Ling will probably also score! ;)
dazSRJFC

Post by dazSRJFC »

the volunteers must be wondering why they bothered today as they were the only people that did any work on the pitch.
I am.
Outfought, outplayed , outsung. Then we were trapped by the tunnel to watch St A`s players and fans celebrate like they`d won the trophy. I hope it hurt the players, coz I found it hard to swallow.
It was good to see such good away support , which made for a great atmosphere. If the players are n`t up for these type of games, when will they be?
Scenario: 2-0 down at home in a KO cup competition against a team you should beat, clock ticking , time running out, it`s time for a hero, a warrior , one who could be a game changer and just maybe drag us back into the game , and here he comes.......Koriya :roll:
Final point, great attendance, and a great opportunity to expand the fan base, but how many of those will be back after watching THAT??? :(
AFC R&D Member Number 443
James Beil

Post by James Beil »

Not a great first game to see this season - I dread to think what the Radio Diamonds team were saying, because they didn't have much to work with. Late in the first half and right before the second goal, I'd say we had about 20 minutes of really good play - unfortunately, it just seemed today that we couldn't find the drive to do the job when it mattered. A few questionable refereeing decisions in the first half, but that's no excuse for what looked like a lack of attitude. Credit has to go to Gearing and Dunkley, though, they certainly put in their shift, and when Koriya came onto the pitch we looked for a few minutes like a different side.

A few positives to take from that performance, but on the whole, bitterly disappointing. Caught up with the St.Andrews captain after the game and wished his side luck in the next round, he was a real gentleman about it - best of luck to them with whoever they get drawn against, and many thanks to the volunteers who helped get the pitch in playable order.
MEMAN53

Post by MEMAN53 »

Lets face it guys they were just better than us on the day. They moved faster off the ball, they passed it better than us and their central defenders dominated Dunks. They deserved their win.

We need to add more dimensions to how we play, not just thumped up to Dunks.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Well, no one died. Bad misses from Ling and Alfie summed it up for me.

I'm often not impressed with the ref and that was certainly true today. He let their centre halves hang on Dunks all game and the foul on Long was a yard inside the box but he bottled the penalty decision.

Those things apart we didn't deserve anything from that came.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

St Andrews deserved their win, wanted it more, won every second and third ball, defended well, had the rub of the green and took their chances well. We need a Plan B and when Dunks isn't on his game we struggle big time.
Too many of our players didn't put the effort or application in today and they looked like the Step 5 team and us the Step 6 outfit.
Another observation, for whatever reason,it was the second home match running we weren't attacking the PDB end in the second half when we're usually at our strongest.
It seems our fans are unable to lift the team when they are at the open river end.