[ Sat 18th Jan ] v St Andrews, KO 3pm FA VASE 4R HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 18th Jan ] v St Andrews, KO 3pm FA VASE 4R HOME

Post by Dazzler »

corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: [ Sat 18th Jan ] v St Andrews, KO 3pm FA VASE 4R HOME

Post by corby diamond »

Don't mean to be a party pooper, but judging by the weather forecast and with a heavy coat of ice overnight, just hope this game ain't in doubt.

If theres one match I want played it's this one :twisted:
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

St Andrews will be bringing 150 in coaches so get there early there could be a decent crowd.
AFC R&D Membership No 283
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

Don't know where they've got those 'fans' from considering their average is 60, but it still will make for an exciting atmosphere for sure. Hopefully we'll have 600/650 home fans, plus 150/200 away fans, so it may be another 800+ :D

Really looking forward to it if the weather is kind to us, and once again, the level of the opposition should be irrelevant, there's no place for complacency or over confidence at such an important stage of the competition and St Andrews haven't made it this far for no reason.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Absolutely no room for complacency with our pitch. Anything could happen as was almost proved yesterday. Should just avoid the centre unless absolutely necessary and play it out wide.

Vital that Dunks is back involved too because he brings out the best in those around him.

Never has a team brought anything close to 150 away fans so maybe just maybe we'll get our much anticipated 1000+ crowd.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Huge game - gutted I'm back over 200 miles away. Hopefully we get through this one and then we can start dreaming of Wem.... :D ;)
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Huge game - gutted I'm back over 200 miles away. Hopefully we get through this one and then we can start dreaming of Wem.... :D ;)
We can, but tbh the real test will be the last few rounds, we've been quite fortunate in the draw up to now, but I expect a NL team away from home will await the winner of Saturday's tie or maybe even Larkhall Athletic of the Western League who have an even better record in the league than Spalding (after we ended their 100% record). Going to one of these places 100s of miles away with Wembley only a few games away will be extremely exciting, but it'll require more Spalding or Cambridge-like heroic performances to get us all the way.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Frogerz

Post by Frogerz »

If there isn't at least 1000 there I’d be surprised.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

BartonRaz wrote:Absolutely no room for complacency with our pitch. Anything could happen as was almost proved yesterday. Should just avoid the centre unless absolutely necessary and play it out wide.

Vital that Dunks is back involved too because he brings out the best in those around him.

Never has a team brought anything close to 150 away fans so maybe just maybe we'll get our much anticipated 1000+ crowd.
I quite agree. I thought the pitch proved a significant leveller on Saturday, as we'd dominated far more against Boston in the away game (despite losing), and it was only the flurry of late chances that made us look good value for the win.
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

They have sold out on the coaches (166 people) and are watching the LCFC game in the cutting room first, I hope we have enough food, programs, etc. Get there early folkes and don't forget it's FA vase so no beer outside of the clubhouse.
AFC R&D Membership No 283