The future fans

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
wynocki

Re: The future fans

Post by wynocki »

Currently with only a football club to work with all our concerns and any subsequent discounts/offers/benefits, are based on somehow reducing the price of attending a game.

I like the commercial focus that is being discussed around bringing in new business/events. What this opens up is not reducing the price of attending game but adding value to what your actually paying for.

Currently we pay <£17 for a game, maybe parking and a programme if we're feeling rich.

Hopefully by adding new ventures you pay £17 and not only get a footy game, but access to a gym, discount hotel rooms or whatever else hopefully finds its way into the area.

I've no idea really what the plans are but adding value to your ticket is the way forward.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

wynocki wrote:Currently with only a football club to work with all our concerns and any subsequent discounts/offers/benefits, are based on somehow reducing the price of attending a game.

I like the commercial focus that is being discussed around bringing in new business/events. What this opens up is not reducing the price of attending game but adding value to what your actually paying for.

Currently we pay <£17 for a game, maybe parking and a programme if we're feeling rich.

Hopefully by adding new ventures you pay £17 and not only get a footy game, but access to a gym, discount hotel rooms or whatever else hopefully finds its way into the area.

I've no idea really what the plans are but adding value to your ticket is the way forward.
First things first, you should post more often. :)

I think your idea has merit and is worth looking at. I've wondered if we could do something via the bus companies with a discount (similar to Brighton, but a discount rather than free bus travel. I am aware though that Brighton have to offer this because their local counci, have insisted upon it to stop people clogging up the streets with cars).
wynocki

Post by wynocki »

Your right, i admit, i am more of voyeur than a poster. Note to self: must do better :oops:

I'm not around much these days I'm afraid and attend only rarely, as much as it pains. Been a fan since the beginning and was once a hardcore fan, but sadly location, generally growing up and responsibility prevails. So I feel a bit of an imposter these days and just look in at you proper supporters to try and keep in the loop!

Anyway, back to topic. Fingers crossed we start to do something!! I'll be reading intently at developments and only hope something materialises.

I used to like it when we hosted the European snooker events, id often attend both the snooker and the footy in a day. It this type of thing that instead of buying just a football ticket you could develop this into a 'Diamond Day Pass' where you can attend/watch a select number of events throughout the day.

VW
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

wynocki wrote:Your right, i admit, i am more of voyeur than a poster. Note to self: must do better :oops:

I'm not around much these days I'm afraid and attend only rarely, as much as it pains. Been a fan since the beginning and was once a hardcore fan, but sadly location, generally growing up and responsibility prevails. So I feel a bit of an imposter these days and just look in at you proper supporters to try and keep in the loop!

Anyway, back to topic. Fingers crossed we start to do something!! I'll be reading intently at developments and only hope something materialises.

I used to like it when we hosted the European snooker events, id often attend both the snooker and the footy in a day. It this type of thing that instead of buying just a football ticket you could develop this into a 'Diamond Day Pass' where you can attend/watch a select number of events throughout the day.

VW
I remember the Snooker days. Could'nt beleive it when it only cost me £5 to watch O'Sullivan V Davis! :o