The future fans

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

The future fans

Post by oliv272 »

http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/NewsD ... 51,00.html

Good to see Gary is already said he wants to go around schools to raise the next generation of fans. So far this takeover looks good with mentions of how to improve attendance already, I want to see a couple of hundred tickets given to Primary schools for free since its seats that will be empty other wise.
FuriousHoon / Ollie
coolcuts

Re: The future fans

Post by coolcuts »

It's been tried out so many times though and no luck
Superhans

Post by Superhans »

coolcuts wrote:It's been tried out so many times though and no luck
yer but with all credit to keith and his team i feel we could have done more, we probably didnt have the resorces to do more..

my sons at a primary school in rushden and if it wasnt for me he would never have heard of rdfc!
WHEN I SANG RUSHDEN TILL I DIE I MENT IT! LONG LIVE THE AFC...
oliv272

Post by oliv272 »

Superhans wrote:
yer but with all credit to keith and his team i feel we could have done more, we probably didnt have the resorces to do more..

my sons at a primary school in rushden and if it wasnt for me he would never have heard of rdfc!
Most young people think the team is crap with out knowing a thing about it which is bizzare I wish young people wouldn't go straight for some team in the prem that they live no where near and none of their family has ever lived near.
FuriousHoon / Ollie
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

And yet the number of people I've met who don't realise that their kids can get in for free (under 8) or pay just £6 if under 16 is absolutely crazy. Those who I've mentioned it to in the past, have reacted with positive surprise.

This move towards reaching out to the schools is an a fantastic step in the right direction. We can't afford to ignore the schools. If done right, it can bring people in. The problem is that it isn't something brings instant results and need to be done over a period of time. What happens on the pitch also helps.

I just hope that when we do target schools, we also target Wellingborough. Rushden is my home and hometown, but I believe the future of this club lies in trying to convince more of its 75,000 people to come to Nene Park. There's a limit to what we can attract from the 37,000 of Rushden, Ferrers and Irthlingborough.
oliv272

Post by oliv272 »

I am only 15 so I am in a fortunate position of cheap tickets, I have managed to get around 8 people no following the club and all have been to at least one game. Once they have been to a game they get hooked onto the club, so I don't see where it all starts for people thinking the club is rubbish and not worth watching really I guess its just a case of people copying the teams their parents support and their grandparents etc.
FuriousHoon / Ollie
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

oliv272 wrote:I am only 15 so I am in a fortunate position of cheap tickets, I have managed to get around 8 people no following the club and all have been to at least one game. Once they have been to a game they get hooked onto the club, so I don't see where it all starts for people thinking the club is rubbish and not worth watching really I guess its just a case of people copying the teams their parents support and their grandparents etc.
Yeah, I've brought about 6 people in all, and 4 now come regularly!
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

I remember seeing a poster when I was at school about 4/5 years ago for a game

that was it really tho with our school when I was there
DiamondsR4ever

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

worked for me with my school football team and local club
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

4 titles in 18 years is hardly crap is it?

We must entice families back and if that means cutting car park fees and attendance prices then what have we got to lose? It's plain to see that the support is dwindling again so the club needs to act to change the image that it tries to fleece people at every opportunity. Target a few games, market it and see if there's a response.
AFC R & D member number 34