[ Volunteers ] Pitch Maintenance

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Volunteers ] Pitch Maintenance

Post by Dazzler »

Remember we are still after matchday volunteers as well - Dale's Bars, Shop, Hospitality.

Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Volunteers ] Pitch Maintenance

Post by Dazzler »

https://www.afcdiamonds.com/volunteers- ... intenance/

AFC Rushden & Diamonds are actively recruiting a team of volunteers to support Pitch Maintenance throughout the season.

With full training provided and a flexible rota, the aim of the team is to conduct regular maintenance on the pitch at Hayden Road throughout the week, as well as preparation for matchdays. Working as part of a small team, with support from the Stadium Manager, duties will include regular cutting, rolling and repair of the playing surface, and general upkeep of the pitch and stadium.

With a flexible rota, designed to work alongside the availability of the team, it is intended for this role to be open to anybody with a few hours a week to contribute, and with full training provided on all machinery and the basics of pitch maintenance, it is hoped that the roles will be rewarding for the team as well as providing a valuable support for the Club.

To register your interest in becoming involved or to find out more, please contact secretary@afc-diamonds.com in the first instance.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 312 times
Been Liked: 23 times

Post by Ricky330 »

I thought Mark Panter was looking after the pitch?
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 154 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Ricky330 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 1:53 pm I thought Mark Panter was looking after the pitch?
Mark left his position as groundsman at the turn of the year. Since then, the pitch has been maintained by volunteers from a combination of AFC R&D and R&H. Ongoing we are hoping to get enough support that we can look after the pitch with AFC R&D volunteers, which will in turn produce a decent cost-saving for the club annually.

I have to say if I was retired I would walk over hot coals to get involved in something like this!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
kaycol

Post by kaycol »

Excuse me for asking but is pitch maintenance not covered by the rent we pay to R&H?
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 154 times

Post by BartonRaz »

kaycol wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 3:53 pm Excuse me for asking but is pitch maintenance not covered by the rent we pay to R&H?
No. It has always been a shared cost which to their credit, R&H have always matched us on despite the fact that they don't really need the pitch to be at the same level as we do.

This year circumstances dictated we couldn't afford to spend anything like the same amount of money we have spent on the pitch in recent years which is why it doesn't look like the carpet it normally resembles in July/August.

Some of that was by design as a cost-saving measure, but we were also caught out by the failed D&D move that meant we didn't put any plans in place for end of season maintenance.

If we can get the pitch covered properly by a strong team of volunteers it could provide a fairly substantial cost saving.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291