Non League Projection

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Non League Projection

Post by mikerd »

It's already got the Non League projections for next season, 2017/2018

It now puts us back in the Southern Central which I think is good for us. (If we don't get promoted)

I want us/would like us very much so to get promoted out of this league, (if we don't get promoted) I think the Southern Central league will be better for us next season, a because this Northern South league is much tougher league (with us only winning 2 home games at so far) much tougher opposite, and not so many close games to us as in the Southern Central league last season.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Non League Projection

Post by Trek »

This document is totally unofficial and has been available for the last 3-4 months and is updated on the NLM forum on a regular basis. Whilst it's more use at the 'sharp end' of the season it needs to be taken with a big pinch of salt since it's a forecast based on current 'points per games' in the respective leagues.

Where we play as a club next season might also have a big bearing on whether we are placed in a 'Southern' league rather the current 'Northern' league!
Brownie
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by Brownie »

mikerd wrote:It's already got the Non League projections for next season, 2017/2018

It now puts us back in the Southern Central which I think is good for us. (If we don't get promoted)

I want us/would like us very much so to get promoted out of this league, (if we don't get promoted) I think the Southern Central league will be better for us next season, a because this Northern South league is much tougher league (with us only winning 2 home games at so far) much tougher opposite, and not so many close games to us as in the Southern Central league last season.
Promoted or not we will end up in 1 of 2 leagues and the is little we can do about it, is this league much tougher? looked at from another prospective "we haven't lost an away game since the 13th August" so does that make it easy. I would agree this league is possibly a bit more physical but I think we all expected that, but not sure from what I've seen it's much different from last year other than the were 4/5 genuine poor teams last season who showed little sign of improvement, whereas the poor sides from Aug/Sept this season have made good signings and picked up unexpected points, I'm thinking Sheffield, Rugby and Carlton. That said from the 6/7 games I've seen this year in The Southern Central I would say that league is weaker than last season. Either way we are doing better than most supporters predictions so is all not well.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

I genuinely believe, and have done for a while now, that this is a weaker league than the Southern League Div 1 Central was last season (unlike Brownie, I've not seen any SLD1C games this season, so can't comment on how the standard compares now). I think this is proven by the fact that we are 5th in the table despite having played half a season with no recognised wingers or a recognised right back, and desperately lacking any creativity from midfield (bar a handful of games when Oulton was playing and on form).
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
mikerd

Post by mikerd »

It keeps on swapping us, and changing us, one week we in Northern South league, next week we in Southern Central league, it's got us in Southern Central league, latest.

I think we could be in anyone of a few, fair few leagues next season. Southern Central league, Southern Premier league, Northern Premier league, Northern South league.

Like us to get promoted, not sure which league we've go into if we get promoted, (maybe Southern Premier league?) likewise if we don't get promoted not sure which league we'll play in next season. All quite interesting.
Trek

Post by Trek »

mikerd wrote:It keeps on swapping us, and changing us, one week we in Northern South league, next week we in Southern Central league, it's got us in Southern Central league, latest.
You say 'it' but this projection is compiled and updated by just one individual, albeit one very informed and enthusiastic poster on the Non-League Matters Forum. Based on the criteria that he adopts it's likely to change on a regular basis. As I posted earlier it's when we enter the 'sharp end' of the season that this projection becomes more relevant.
mikerd

Post by mikerd »

Trek wrote:
mikerd wrote:It keeps on swapping us, and changing us, one week we in Northern South league, next week we in Southern Central league, it's got us in Southern Central league, latest.
You say 'it' but this projection is compiled and updated by just one individual, albeit one very informed and enthusiastic poster on the Non-League Matters Forum. Based on the criteria that he adopts it's likely to change on a regular basis. As I posted earlier it's when we enter the 'sharp end' of the season that this projection becomes more relevant.

I know it's a projection, I know, I hope it stays like that. Southern Central league football at Hayden Road next season. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Any chance in knowing when the step 5 clubs, know weather there've passed the ground grading or not, for step 4, thanks.
Trek

Post by Trek »

mikerd wrote:
Any chance in knowing when the step 5 clubs, know whether there've passed the ground grading or not, for step 4, thanks.
Early April.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I understand that Hartley Wintney are likely to fail ground grading which might affect things.

Doubt Peterborough Sports will have any issues given money is no object. Having gone there late last year I thought the ground wasn't far off being suitable and I believe they have done more work since.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Skegness town in the Ucl? That would have been a trek in the first Season!