AFCRDTV

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

AFCRDTV

Post by bozzer »

Just want to try and gauge opinions with regards to AFCRDTV.

I have run it for 4 years and despite some great help from people over those four years i am struggling to find the time to give it the service it has become accustomed to.

So as we don't seem to be able to run it with volunteers i had a young company come and trial the filming against Kings Langley and they will again against Uxbridge. I edited these highlights from saturday and they look very similar. However this company is a commercial organisation and to take on the service ongoing would need to charge us for this.

So from next season my questions are do we want this service?, would people be interested in paying monthly subscription to cover the costs of the service they get now, or would people look for a bit more and be interested in live streaming (something i haven't spoken about with them).

One thing youtube does do is give us a great exposure with 500-1000 views per match, so would supporters be prepared to cover the cost to enable to club to continue to offer the service on youtube, i.e a subscription would allow the highlights to be viewed a for a time period before it's generally released.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: AFCRDTV

Post by ParcelFace »

I really enjoy watching AFCRDTV. I'm often busy on Saturday evenings so I can't get to many away games and I like the ability to be able to watch the highlights. I would definitely consider paying a subscription to watch them as long as it wasn't too expensive. However I feel like those who wouldn't like to pay should still be able to see some footage so they're not completely left out, so maybe paying subscribers get access to everything that already exists more and perhaps a bit more in terms of interviews or special features while the non-subscribers only get to see basic match highlights like goals?

EDIT: I would love to volunteer some of my time but I'm in my final year of school so there's not much time that I can volunteer. Unfortunately when I am free after exams is when the season has ended but I might be able to offer some time at the very start of next season.
Last edited by ParcelFace on Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AdamSRJFC
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by AdamSRJFC »

It's a real shame that even after a long time asking for volunteers nobody is able to spare any of their time.

If the company is going to do a good enough job that charging for highlights becomes justifiable then that's fair, but make sure you're getting your moneys worth.

People are always going to moan regardless, if charging is started then people will moan but it's either that or have no highlights.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

or just provide an incomplete service. Maybe prioritise away games over home games and only record those when people are about. I just feel uncomfortable spending hundreds of pounds on a service which at the end of the day is a luxury.
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

I've always enjoy watching AFCRDTV.

But don't think it's right/nor fair to charge people for basic service. For fans who can't get to games for numerous reasons. I think that ParcelFace is right, (but that would depend on the cost of it. For charging for extras, like interview etc etc.

To me basic should stay the same. (as in goals)
Last edited by updiamonds on Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by Dowlo »

From a purely personal point of view. I would happily pay a subscription fee, especially if the company that is being brought in could offer live streaming as an option.

Living 100 miles away I struggle to get to most games now. If this company could offer live streaming. I would be able to watch the game from home on the TV- which for a club this level would surely be a first. Obviously I would expect to pay a premium for this service.

However if the company is only going to offer the highlights option, again I would expect to pay for this however at a reduced price.

I think AFCRD is a fantastic service the club offers. Fans like myself who can't get to as many games watch it avidly every Sunday/Monday when the highlights are posted. Combine that with the twitter and snapchat accounts, it really allows you to still feel involved on a Saturday afternoon.

Not only that as already mentioned, it gives the club exposure and the ability for fans to relive great moments. Aaron Kings screamer v Oadby, The Spencer Celebrations, Gilly's over head kick, Alfie's scoring the clubs 1st ever senior goal, Paul Stanyer's howlers in the Dale Memorial cup game, the FA Cup runs and THAT Barwell equaliser. All captured on video to relive over and over again! Without AFCR&D TV they'd all be consigned to people's memory only, and some people may have never got to have seen them.

With a list like that I'm sure people wouldn't mind paying a small fee for it to continue (if that's what is needed to happen). I and many others I'm sure would be gutted if AFCR&D was to stop completely.
Pete

Post by Pete »

updiamonds wrote: To me basic should stay the same.
The point is that isn't an option. It just takes up too much resource.
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

Pete wrote:

This person has asked for are thoughts/opinions over it, and I've given a opinion over it, just like other people, to me charging people (basic service, as in goals) is harsh/not fair on fans who can't make games. But like ParcelFace says Charging for extras is good, like interviews. And will bring in extra money for the club, also people watching the goals (might very well) what more of a service, so (ie more) will be willing to pay.

Read the first line, gauge opinions over AFCRDTV.

And I have just given a opinion.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

updiamonds wrote:
Pete wrote:

This person has asked for are thoughts/opinions over it, and I've given a opinion over it, just like other people, to me charging people (basic service, as in goals) is harsh/not fair on fans who can't make games. But like ParcelFace says Charging for extras is good, like interviews. And will bring in extra money for the club, also people watching the goals (might very well) what more of a service, so (ie more) will be willing to pay.

Read the first line, gauge opinions over AFCRDTV.

And I have just given a opinion.
If you want to back up your opinion I am sure it will be welcomed if you are prepared to get along to every game, spend the time filming the game, spend the time after the game editing it down to a highlights package, then spend the time uploading it to youtube and the OWS - if you can do all of that then your opinion that it should remain as it is will be achievable.
Pete

Post by Pete »

You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but to say that it would be unfair not to have video highlights suggests perhaps we have got used to having an outstanding general media service/package, and all for free.