Football Manager 2010

Sports, jokes, news and general waffle.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Football Manager 2010

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Thought I'd get a Football Manager 2010 thread up and running.

Where is everyone? I'm currently in my first season with Rushden, and occupy 7th place in the BSP.... K*ttering are currently 5th bottom!!! :D

Not really signed any players, but O'Connor is banging them in for me.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Downsie53

Re: Football Manager 2010

Post by Downsie53 »

im in a league 1 play-off place in january 2014!!!
with a team of:-

roberts
pascal.chimbonda(free) osano ignasi.miquel(arsenal) robinson
darren.ambrose(palace) ritchie.jones(palace) josh.simpson(histon) olivier.kapo(wigan)
smith(at least 30 goals per season) steve.morison(milwall)
JUMP! Oooooh De Banke Army!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Haven't really settled into a game yet. Did one with Livingston and got successive promotions to SD1 before getting bored. Then tried my luck in Northern Ireland which was dull, and now i'm at Notts County because of a little game i'm playing with my housemates at uni. I'm set to finish about 8th in League One in my second season, and Simeon Jackson has scoed 42 league goals so far for the Gills.

If anyone wants a challenge, try the Northern Ireland Second Divison. I can't remember the last time i was sacked on FM but Tobermore sacked me (only to be offered a job at a NI Premier League team straight away). Players get paid the same as most paperboys and its impossible to get anyone better than you already have (wage budget 600 quid a week).
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

On everyone elses, has Notts County got into the Championship within 2 seasons?

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

No ;) . They didn't on my previous games earlier but they did get promoted from League Two at the first attempt. They always seem to sign Nabil El Zhar too.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

On mine, Sunderland always sign a 16 or 17 Year Old Keeper from Rushden for 200k...

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Steve

Post by Steve »

I cant get into it at all, which is annoying as i can normally spend hours at a time on it. I started a average Rushden one but couldn't get into it. Then started a new game with Hyde in the BSN got the promoted within 2 seasons and about half way through the 3rd was in the top half of the conference but i lost interest - i dunno whats wrong with me :oops: :(

Out of interest has anyone downloaded the new patch and if so is there any differences. I noticed it came out recently so was thinking of starting a new game. Might try something different to remotivate me, because i normally start with Rushden and work my way up. On 09 i had a 35 year career which ended at Chelsea 8-)
AFCRD_Dan

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

First season I finished in 8th, just finished my second season ending up in 10th place. Having alot of financial problems in my third season, which meant the club sold Smith for £150'000, couldn't do anything to stop him leaving, he went to St Patricks Athletic.

Currently got a wafer thin squad, although i've signed Andreas Weimann http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spiel ... rofil.html on a season long loan from Aston Villa, and hopefully getting a few more players in.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

I've just started my 5th season as sc Heerenveen manager, as well as being Bosnia & Herzegovina boss for the last 18 months. I won the Dutch Eredivisie in season 1 but since then have finished 6th, 5th then 4th. I'm getting fed up with it though, the fans and board expect me to challenge for the title every year, but I get bugger all money to work with compared to the likes of Ajax, PSV and AZ. Whenever I get interest in one of my players from bigger clubs they throw a hissy fit if I don't sell them, and if I do the board and fans moan at me for selling our best players, regardless of the transfer fee. The board then only give me a tiny percentage of the fee to spend on new players, and each year decrease my wage budget! So I have to replace them with unknown players on free transfers with low wages, who take ages to settle at the club then as soon as they do they get snapped up by bigger clubs, and half the promising youngsters I sign get sold by the board before I even get a chance to try them in the first team..... :evil: :evil: :evil:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
AFCRD_Dan

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Got offered the Watford job, so I took the job £5.5 million to spend.. so far my results for Watford are 0-0,0-2,0-1..... alot of work to do!!