A message to all supporters - Please read

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

A message to all supporters - Please read

Post by davealbon »

I've been asked by the Northants Senior Youth League to pass on a message to our supporters. Several people have complained about the behaviour of a small number of our fans following last week's game against Daventry, two of those people were actually members of the NSYL board.

The abuse aimed at the Daventry 'keeper is not acceptable at this level of football. While no one would have commented in the Conference, please remember that we are now playing in an U18s league - despite this, crossing the barriers is still unnacceptable. The league have warned us that a repeat of the towel incident last week and the verbal abuse of the Daventry 'keeper will likely result is us being fined by the league/FA, possibly worse.

We want as many singers as possible, but please keep the songs as pro AFC R&D, rather than anti the opposition.

Thanks.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Re: A message to all supporters - Please read

Post by Three of Diamonds »

A very good point, well made. I do think the league must try to understand our situation to some extent though, what's happenned to bring us to this point and the fact many of those singers might not be any older than those playing ! It was good to see that there wasn't a repeat at Bugbrooke St. Michaels though, our fans were great and got behind the team. It must be tough for the league to call as I'm sure they will understand the financial benefit our club will bring with our away support to other clubs, so we must "encourage" our fans to stay the right side of the line. It was our first fixture, emotions were high and WE DID APPLAUD DAVENTRY OFF THE PITCH as well. I'm sure it's a "problem" we shall address ourselves as we learn to adapt to our position.
AFC R & D member number 34
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Please remember that for this season at least the players you are watching on the pitch are, in the eyes of law, mostly children.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by StaceyH »

Please read and take note of the Respect code of conduct for spectators - we can be fined and/or suspended from the league if this continues.

http://www.thefa.com/Leagues/Respect/Co ... entsCarers
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I did think this was rather harsh at the time, and hopefully it WONT happen again this season.

I also think its worth getting the tannoy announcer man to remind people of this before the game, as we don't want a repeat performance.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
coltrane

Post by coltrane »

Shocking but not unexpected given our former status, I hope those involved get the message.
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

We should also put a message in the prog. reminding people of the sort of behaviour expected.
Perhaps a formal apology to Daventry Town and the NSYL as well.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
coltrane

Post by coltrane »

Good point as I don't think that it will be tolerated again.
ChorltonV

Post by ChorltonV »

whilst I don't condone the events that took place behind the goal during the second half last thursday what I witnessed was good natured banter that at any other level of football would be considered completely normal. In the context of an under 18's match however I can see that some of what went on maybe crossed the line, literally in one case. It's a fair point that much of the vocal bantering came from a group who would otherwise qualify to take part on the pitch, but that doesn't excuse the fact that for a lot of us, it's gonna take a lot of biting of tongue's and reigning it in a bit, for this season at least. At least we can still swear on the forum. Twat.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

ChorltonV wrote: it's gonna take a lot of biting of tongue's
I totally agree with everything that has been said, I have only been to the Irchester game, and as I did not attend this match to witness this abuse I can imagine...

The biting of tongues should just come natural, these are only young lads so should be supported in a way to keep their confidence going...

Going to the woodford game next week so hopefully will be a good night, but as we have just started out we dont want to be punished for some mindless individuals... Keep the support clean folks!!
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60