Wrexham

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Wrexham

Post by Formic »

There seems to be a chance Wrexham won't be allowed to start the season in the Conference at a meeting next week - I'd guess they were the other club rumoured to be under investigation by the Conference Board at the time we were expelled.

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrex ... whine.html
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: Wrexham

Post by Mad Dog »

Formic wrote:There seems to be a chance Wrexham won't be allowed to start the season in the Conference at a meeting next week - I'd guess they were the other club rumoured to be under investigation by the Conference Board at the time we were expelled.

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrex ... whine.html
Hopefully Wrexham are able to start the season in the Conference. I do not want their fans to go through what we've gone through with the old club.
therushden
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

i think it's going to be a growing trend sadly.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

At the time of the AGM it was Stockport who was rumoured to be the 2nd team with financial problems but they have now been taken over, Wrexhams troubles have just come back again into the limelight.

I think there are quiet a few teams in the Conference on the fringes of money problems, i wonder how many teams by the end of the season will be deducted points.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

The Crusaders (Rugby league) won't be playing in the Super League for at least three years as well, if Wrexham get thrown out the conference it would be disastrous for the area!

EDIT: Just read the 200% article, sorry for repeating.
sheriff1993

Post by sheriff1993 »

I agree with the past posts - no fan should go through what we went through, but worryingly this is a growing trend in football. I hope they are allowed to play as I reckon they could be one of the front-runners again this season
DiamondCarvell

Post by DiamondCarvell »

sheriff1993 wrote:I reckon they could be one of the front-runners again this season
no way i doubt they will be top 8
We Love You, The Way You Play We Follow, Cos' We Support The Rushden and Diamonds Are Forever.
coltrane

Post by coltrane »

They should definitely turn a blind eye to any impropriety on Wrexham's part after all kicking one dodgy club into oblivion in a season should be enough for any football authority, eh! :(
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

coltrane wrote:They should definitely turn a blind eye to any impropriety on Wrexham's part after all kicking one dodgy club into oblivion in a season should be enough for any football authority, eh! :(
You should change your name to Richard Head! :roll: