Fan Shares For Sale

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Fan Shares For Sale

Post by The Godfather »

Rushden & Diamonds Issue Fan Shares

http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/NewsD ... 67,00.html

Stuart

(Stu, I've made this into a new thread because it's fairly big news and I reckon someone else will make one by accident anyway! ID)
Last edited by The Godfather on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: Fan shares for sale

Post by Formic »

Does that mean the club (without assets at least in the short term) is valued at £5 Million ?

i.e 0.50 x 1,000,000 x (1/0.1)

It would have been nice to see a few terms and conditions to gauge the advantage over just making a series of 50p donations to the cause. I've googled "Special B Shares" without a great deal of luck in finding a clear definition of the term.
Last edited by Formic on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ID

Post by ID »

Excellent stuff.

The club really have to push these in the local community. I can't think of any business in Rushden/Irthlingborough etc that wouldn't want to be able to say they own a few shares (however insignificant overall) in the local team.

This could be a nice little money-spinner if it's marketed right. I'll definitely be buying a few, as I hope a lot of us will be too, but it's in the greater community where we might make a bit of money from this.

Nice to see the new owners getting to work on a plan already, let's hope they have a few more up their sleeves.
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
nsman

Post by nsman »

I notice these are "B" shares thus presumably actually worth nothing, with the owner having no say (voting rights) in the running of the club?

Why not sell a real stake in the club with a fan's director appointed to the board?

I'll take some convincing to part with any cash for this.
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Re: Fan Shares For Sale

Post by oliv272 »

Just brought mine :) stuck with the £10 as I am not entirly sure about the future of the club at the minute so I didn't see the point in putting in any more.
FuriousHoon / Ollie
oliv272

Post by oliv272 »

nsman wrote:I notice these are "B" shares thus presumably actually worth nothing, with the owner having no say (voting rights) in the running of the club?

Why not sell a real stake in the club with a fan's director appointed to the board?

I'll take some convincing to part with any cash for this.
found this on a website:
The B shares are almost identical to a trust's ordinary or A shares: they share the same portfolio, have the same net asset value (NAV) per share, and receive payouts at the same time as, and in an equal amount to, each net dividend paid.

Their attraction is that the payout comes as a capital distribution instead of a dividend.

As a result, whereas dividends on A or ordinary shares may be liable to higher-rate tax if they are not sheltered in an individual savings account or pension, capital distributions on B shares are treated as 'small capital receipts' for tax purposes, so are free from immediate tax and may not need to be included in tax returns
FuriousHoon / Ollie
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

If you pay a tenner, and we somehow manage to make a big profit next year (by drawing Man utd away (winning) and then playing chelsea away) do we get a shareholders payout? :lol: ;)
nick_RDFC

Post by nick_RDFC »

These downloadable forms do we take them to the club shop or?
oliv272

Post by oliv272 »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:If you pay a tenner, and we somehow manage to make a big profit next year (by drawing Man utd away (winning) and then playing chelsea away) do we get a shareholders payout? :lol: ;)
It will certainly increase the value of your share
FuriousHoon / Ollie
oliv272

Post by oliv272 »

nick_RDFC wrote:These downloadable forms do we take them to the club shop or?
Take them to the club shop/ post them or do as i did and ring them up only takes 5 minutes .
FuriousHoon / Ollie