Premier League Footballers

Sports, jokes, news and general waffle.
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Premier League Footballers

Post by oliv272 »

I am currently doing a bit of coursework on which involves writing a letter of complaint, my chosen subject is premier league footballers. In order to be able to write a good complaint I need other peoples views on them as well, positive and negative would be nice. It could be on any aspect of them the crazier the better.

Thanks
FuriousHoon / Ollie
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Re: Premier League Footballers

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

Are you looking for individual players of just generalisation?

For every James Milner you get there are about 20 Ronney's/Terry's.

Although they are overpaid, you can't really blame them for taking the money, who wouldn't? As there is no salary cap clubs will pay more and more wages every year as there are NO regulations, Man City etc have to offer big wages as they have no other incentives.

It's worth baring in mind all the charity work that some players do such as Jason Roberts and Drogba (yes really, Drogba) The Premier League has got involved in a number of charitable projects involving players.

Diving/simulation is a factor in every sport, I have played rugby and watch it and you would be seriously surprised of the number of "dirty tactics" involved in rugby. It's instinct to win, no matter how controversial it may be.

Hope I helped, have got more from where that came from if you want? :D
oliv272

Post by oliv272 »

HiHoRushden&Diamonds wrote:Are you looking for individual players of just generalisation?

For every James Milner you get there are about 20 Ronney's/Terry's.

Although they are overpaid, you can't really blame them for taking the money, who wouldn't? As there is no salary cap clubs will pay more and more wages every year as there are NO regulations, Man City etc have to offer big wages as they have no other incentives.

It's worth baring in mind all the charity work that some players do such as Jason Roberts and Drogba (yes really, Drogba) The Premier League has got involved in a number of charitable projects involving players.

Diving/simulation is a factor in every sport, I have played rugby and watch it and you would be seriously surprised of the number of "dirty tactics" involved in rugby. It's instinct to win, no matter how controversial it may be.

Hope I helped, have got more from where that came from if you want? :D
Thanks there are some genuinely interesting points there that I will use and yes I am just looking at them generally not as individuals although I may touch on some players.
FuriousHoon / Ollie
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

Letter of complaint regarding anything in particular? (wages, lifestyle etc.)
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

oliv272 wrote:I am currently doing a bit of coursework on which involves writing a letter of complaint, my chosen subject is premier league footballers. In order to be able to write a good complaint I need other peoples views on them as well, positive and negative would be nice. It could be on any aspect of them the crazier the better.

Thanks

You want us to do your homework ;)
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

rudolph_hucker wrote:
oliv272 wrote:I am currently doing a bit of coursework on which involves writing a letter of complaint, my chosen subject is premier league footballers. In order to be able to write a good complaint I need other peoples views on them as well, positive and negative would be nice. It could be on any aspect of them the crazier the better.

Thanks

Quite ironic from the guy who made this thread asking others for help to do his project :)

http://www.thediamondsforum.co.uk/viewt ... 857#p30857
oliv272

Post by oliv272 »

rudolph_hucker wrote:

Thanks

Not at all, just doing some research into others opinions as the complaint has to show both sides of the topic.
FuriousHoon / Ollie
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

mattreddan wrote:
rudolph_hucker wrote:

Thanks

Quite ironic from the guy who made this thread asking others for help to do his project :)

http://www.thediamondsforum.co.uk/viewt ... 857#p30857
Solid par :lol:

Oliv, make sure you reference us, who knows, your teacher and a moderator might see it and give us a visit ;) :lol:
oliv272

Post by oliv272 »

Yeah I will do, I am always careful about these things :)
FuriousHoon / Ollie
DiamondEejit

Post by DiamondEejit »

I'd say the biggest problem is most of them don't realise the influence they have on kids growing up and there are very few premiership footballers who are role models now days :| You tend to find some better role models out of the premiership or in retired players nowadays.
"Reputations mean nothing here, come any where near me on that pitch and I'll kick you over the far stand."

♦Dale Roberts♦ - Forever and always Rushden's number 1