Poster to put up in your local

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Poster to put up in your local

Post by Mad Dog »

Following on from the Support topic, could everyone see if they could put up a poster for Saturday's match in their local pub/school/etc? It might help to encourage a few more along.

I've attached one here made from the template on the OS:
Attachments
Hayesposter.zip
(91.07 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
CountHermanDeBanker

Re: Poster to put up in your local

Post by CountHermanDeBanker »

Nice one Mad Dog.

And I have just decided to post it to my Facebook page and set it to everyone on the share facility - now, if everyone on here on any kind of social networking site does the same - how's that for a bit of viral style marketing and all for free for the good of the club. :D
fbook.png
fbook.png (120.16 KiB) Viewed 2783 times
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx
sheriff1993

Post by sheriff1993 »

how did u put it on your facebook page?

Edit: nevermind, I figured it out :)
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

sheriff1993 wrote:how did u put it on your facebook page?

Edit: nevermind, I figured it out :)
You couldn't post how you did it on here in case anyone else wants to add it to Facebook (the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned :) )?
sheriff1993

Post by sheriff1993 »

I probably did it in a really overcomplicated way

- I downloaded the file
- Print screened the word document
- Opened Paint, pasted in the image and cut out the poster part
- Saved it as an image and then chose the share photo option on the Facebook status bar :)

Unfortunatly my luton and norwich supporting friends picked out the £17 straight off, it still seems the main put off for local people.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

It's cheaper to watch Manchester City v Reading in the FA Cup Quarter Final next weekend, than to go to a Rushden & Diamonds home league game. #justsaying
Harry

Post by Harry »

Diamond Warrior wrote:It's cheaper to watch Manchester City v Reading in the FA Cup Quarter Final next weekend, than to go to a Rushden & Diamonds home league game. #justsaying
I'd still prefer to go to the Diamonds game though, cos I'd actually give a crap who won! ;)
Diamond down South.
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

Diamond Warrior wrote:It's cheaper to watch Manchester City v Reading in the FA Cup Quarter Final next weekend, than to go to a Rushden & Diamonds home league game. #justsaying
True but pricing can't be changed mid-season so I guess we're stuck with it for now. #whyareyoudoingthisifyou'renotontwitter
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

I'll take your word on it but they are owned by a rich Arab who can afford to blow £500 million plus on players and could probably also be in a position to let everyone in for free without feeling the pinch. I've got no ties to either team, so I'm not interested.

Just a general question, but something that I have wondered, is football becoming less tribal? In the last twenty years attendences have declined in the lower leagues and there has been an upsurge in the number of Premier League 'fans'.

Whilst we all know why the number of Premier League fans has increased (Sky) has another result of this seen an increase in the numbers of floating fans, that, whilst they are fans of football, are less inclined to go to a match because they can get their football fix more cheaply on TV. As a result unless their local side is doing very well (see Crawley) with a very good chance of glory, they aren't interested.

I recognise what I've said above may be flawed in a lot of ways, but I'm interested to hear what other people think.

For the record though I feel the Premier League and Sky will be the death of local football.