5th May - Hillier Cup Final

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Re: 5th May - Hillier Cup Final

Post by Rushdenjim »

Was the match recorded? Would love to see the highlights for that match!
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

There's certainly one tweet worth looking at -
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Trek wrote:
diamondgeezer1 wrote: Nick Price tweeted that K*ttering had more fans at the game. But I think they need to do a recount, as they struggled to fill half of what they were allocated. Whilst we pretty much filled our stand.
That split of the crowd can't be right. Look at the photos of the North Stand which is 1000 capacity and NFA say it was less than half full.
The stand holds 900 odd I think and we were quoted as having 586 there so roughly 300 empty seats which I think is realistic
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Rushdenjim wrote:Was the match recorded? Would love to see the highlights for that match!
No it wasn't @AFCRD on Twitter said that no one volunteered to record the game :hmmm: :dry:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Rushdenjim wrote:
The stand holds 900 odd I think and we were quoted as having 586 there so roughly 300 empty seats which I think is realistic
Correct, just under 1000 seats according to the NTFC website but is always unallocated seating so an actual capacity of 90% actual seats. I reckon there were a few 'neutrals' allowed in the West Stand which appeared to inflate the stated KTFC spilt.
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

Rushdenjim wrote:Was the match recorded? Would love to see the highlights for that match!
No it wasn't, we asked for volunteers and none were forthcoming so i came and enjoyed it the same as you did!

If there is anyone who would like to chip in and help with this next season please let me know.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by Dowlo »

Last night goes a fair way to help me get over Monday, and I'm sure it did for the rest of the fans and players.

Firstly I would like to apologise for being so pessimistic yesterday before the game I honestly thought we'd lose by a few. I should never have doubted the players!

They were immense! All of them! Yes the Ploppies had more of the ball and more chances, but they were fielding a strong starting 11 including a striker who was a proven Football League goal scorer as recently as last season!

Everyone came in and did a job, and as for Brad, Liam and Jacko who had played 120 minutes on Monday, they must have been dead on the feet from the first minute but kept K*ttering at bay and defended like their lives depended on it! So glad it was Jacko who got the winner, he deserved it not only on the night but for the performances he puts in week in week out and you can tell he cares and plays for the shirt and the fans. Special mention for Richards also who was a constant threat on the counter down the left wing.

Their fans will claim that they don't care and it's "only a friendly" but deep down they must be gutted! They laughed as the old club folded and the laughed at us on Monday, and the fact that we scored a 93rd minute winner is a big up yours to their club and their fans. We have started again from scratch gone up 2 levels already and the first time we have come across them again we have sent their fans way from the ground miserable just like the old times and that to me that is f*cking fantastic! Imagine if they had won (shudders)! Their fans would be all over twitter and Facebook etc, giving it the big 'un and claiming how great they are!

Instead it is us that has the satisfaction of being able to do that, and we can sit and laugh at all their bitter tweets and comment about how "we have no history, K*ttering are famous club, we're in a higher league, there's no rivalry now" blah blah blah. Well last night we created another bit of history and added another trophy into the cabinet, which is filling up nicely even after just 5 short years of AFC Rushden and Diamonds!

We'll meet them in the league again soon, that I have no doubt, but until that day (we'll probably beat them again) sit back and enjoy this result safe in the knowledge that this is all our own success. Built on the back of fan power, a fantastic bunch of players, board members and volunteers.

It's been another great season, with the ups far out weighing the downs, last night was the icing on the cake and will live long in the memory of fans and players alike. It appears as long as their is a team playing under the banner of Rushden and Diamonds they'll forever be only one team in Northants!

"Let's all laugh at K*ttering, Let's a laugh at K*ttering......"

"Oh what a night! It's deja vu we're beating K*ttering sh*te!
Jacko scores and turns Sixfields white!
What a feeling what a night!"
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Dowlo wrote:Last night goes a fair way to help me get over Monday, and I'm sure it did for the rest of the fans and players.

Firstly I would like to apologise for being so pessimistic yesterday before the game I honestly thought we'd lose by a few. I should never have doubted the players!

They were immense! All of them! Yes the Ploppies had more of the ball and more chances, but they were fielding a strong starting 11 including a striker who was a proven Football League goal scorer as recently as last season!

Everyone came in and did a job, and as for Brad, Liam and Jacko who had played 120 minutes on Monday, they must have been dead on the feet from the first minute but kept K*ttering at bay and defended like their lives depended on it! So glad it was Jacko who got the winner, he deserved it not only on the night but for the performances he puts in week in week out and you can tell he cares and plays for the shirt and the fans. Special mention for Richards also who was a constant threat on the counter down the left wing.

Their fans will claim that they don't care and it's "only a friendly" but deep down they must be gutted! They laughed as the old club folded and the laughed at us on Monday, and the fact that we scored a 93rd minute winner is a big up yours to their club and their fans. We have started again from scratch gone up 2 levels already and the first time we have come across them again we have sent their fans way from the ground miserable just like the old times and that to me that is f*cking fantastic! Imagine if they had won (shudders)! Their fans would be all over twitter and Facebook etc, giving it the big 'un and claiming how great they are!

Instead it is us that has the satisfaction of being able to do that, and we can sit and laugh at all their bitter tweets and comment about how "we have no history, K*ttering are famous club, we're in a higher league, there's no rivalry now" blah blah blah. Well last night we created another bit of history and added another trophy into the cabinet, which is filling up nicely even after just 5 short years of AFC Rushden and Diamonds!

We'll meet them in the league again soon, that I have no doubt, but until that day (we'll probably beat them again) sit back and enjoy this result safe in the knowledge that this is all our own success. Built on the back of fan power, a fantastic bunch of players, board members and volunteers.

It's been another great season, with the ups far out weighing the downs, last night was the icing on the cake and will live long in the memory of fans and players alike. It appears as long as their is a team playing under the banner of Rushden and Diamonds they'll forever be only one team in Northants!

"Let's all laugh at K*ttering, Let's a laugh at K*ttering......"

"Oh what a night! It's deja vu we're beating K*ttering sh*te!
Jacko scores and turns Sixfields white!
What a feeling what a night!"
Great post! The fact that they were saying on their forum that they'd beat us by 4 or 5, made us beating them 2-1 all that more sweeter! :biggrin:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

Alsobnice to see Charlie Butt on the bench again last night, hopefully he can get closer to the first team next year!
supersub

Post by supersub »

Well said Dowlo., didn't know you had it in yer SS :harhar: