[ Tue 26rh Apr ] v Royston Town, KO 7:45pm SL1DC Playoff SF AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Oundle Diamond #2

Re: [ Tue 26rh Apr ] v Royston Town, KO 7:45pm SL1DC Playoff SF AWAY

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

davealbon wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Can someone tell me what Dan Quigley has for breakfast? I'd love to try it. Never seen a player win so many second balls in a match - what a performance.

Tonight was incredible. Every single player earnt their weight, fitting that another ex-Diamonds youth player went through and won the critical penalty - well done Mr Bowen!

Gutting for Claudiu, said as soon as his first booking came in he needed to be taken straight off and saved for the final. Will he be suspended?

On a personal note, I'm praying for a whopping storm Sunday night so I don't miss the biggest game in clubs history due to work.

Proud to be a Diamond tonight. Fans were brilliant, tactics were spot on, players were immense (even/especially Harris). Bring on Monday!
I hope you were watching Ryan Frater, the Royston number 5. That is what a real donkey looks like.
He was HUGE - one of the most physically imposing players I've ever seen at any level.I'm reliably informed he was invited for a trial at Chelsea though in the last decade.
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

davealbon wrote:I hope you were watching Ryan Frater, the Royston number 5. That is what a real donkey looks like.
Wouldn't say that to his face, he's built like a brick sh*thouse!
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 64 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

ParcelFace wrote:
davealbon wrote:I hope you were watching Ryan Frater, the Royston number 5. That is what a real donkey looks like.
When we played them in the league at their place Frater was a very imposing figure. I was quite concerned before tuesdays game that he may do so again. In that game he gave nothing away to Sandy, Lorraine or Stevo.
I wonder if after being sent off against Egham on Saturday he was a bit anxious that another red card would mean missing the final. It did not help that his partner Braithwaite went off injured (I wonder was he fully fit to play?). Having said that, well before Braithwaite departed the two of them were being completely over run, both physically and mentally. Jack especially gave him a pretty torrid evening.
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

sussexdiamond wrote:
ParcelFace wrote:
When we played them in the league at their place Frater was a very imposing figure. I was quite concerned before tuesdays game that he may do so again. In that game he gave nothing away to Sandy, Lorraine or Stevo.
I wonder if after being sent off against Egham on Saturday he was a bit anxious that another red card would mean missing the final. It did not help that his partner Braithwaite went off injured (I wonder was he fully fit to play?). Having said that, well before Braithwaite departed the two of them were being completely over run, both physically and mentally. Jack especially gave him a pretty torrid evening.
Didn't Braithwaite play full-back against us in the home game? Their number 3 really let them down on multiple occasions, especially when he sold the keeper short on that pass that got him sent off.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 64 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Excellent match report from Olly Mortimer now on OWS. He really captures the essence of the game and his passion for Diamonds is obvious.

With Hayden Potts providing regular articles last season and now this season updates on the Scholars, although he is now at Uni, we are blessed with some great young journalistic talents. Both have also done stints on Radio Diamonds, as did Adam Cockings last year.

If any youngsters are looking for a career or University course in Sports Journalism starting out at your local club is a great way to get experience and exposure,.............. and credits on your cv or College/School/Uni work.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Yes SD, great work by Olly and not forgetting Sam Wildman, who produced regular match reports for NLP and other local free papers and is now working at the Northants Telegraph.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Does anyone know if the play offs are a shared gate?
AFC R & D member number 34
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Trek wrote:Yes SD, great work by Olly and not forgetting Sam Wildman, who produced regular match reports for NLP and other local free papers and is now working at the Northants Telegraph.
I'll echo that - not forgetting the contribution of the rest of the media team too. There are always opportunities for other budding journalists to get involved, and its never too early to make contact with the club regarding vacancies like this one - http://www.afcdiamonds.com/match-reporters-required - which I's sure will also be appropriate for next season.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Three of Diamonds wrote:Does anyone know if the play offs are a shared gate?
We received about 37% of Tuesdays gate apparently, not sure if its the same for the final.

Bit dubious of the reported official attendance if I'm honest, but hey ho may fund Danny May's wage demands for a week or two.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

On to the game, wow! Been following diamonds since 1997 and that is right up there with one of my proudest moments. Everything was spot on, not only was our football decent, off the ball we were class! From the very first whistle, when one of their players misplaced a pass that went out for a red throw, and the way the diamonds fans reacted and spurred the team on, I could only see one winner.

If we can produced the same grit and determination, regardless of the result, I will be again a very proud man on Saturday. I urge all the fans to get behind the team again like Tuesday, and give St. Ives something to worry about!

#WHITEREDBLUEARMY
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.