Egham re arranged

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Egham re arranged

Post by sussexdiamond »

22nd December........lets hope it rains again and game is postponed !

I presume there must be some rule that says that postponed games must be re arranged within a certain time as this is a really bad time to play a match.Even the Saturday before Xmas is a bad time to have a home game, but this must be even worse.

The only plus side is that Egham wont be too keen to make their longest journey of the season at that time.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Re: Egham re arranged

Post by Pigman »

I'm not so sure it's a bad thing - they might not be as strong (availability of some players due to work?) and it could work to our advantage. Will hit the attendance not being a Saturday, but it could help us out.

Could have a few games postponed over the coming months, let's hope it doesn't affect our momentum eh?
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

sussexdiamond wrote:22nd December........lets hope it rains again and game is postponed !

I presume there must be some rule that says that postponed games must be re arranged within a certain time as this is a really bad time to play a match.Even the Saturday before Xmas is a bad time to have a home game, but this must be even worse.

The only plus side is that Egham wont be too keen to make their longest journey of the season at that time.

sussexdiamond, (bar this Tuesday) don't think they could have done it at that short notice for Egham etc. 22nd December is the next available midweek game. ie, either us or Egham are playing a midweek game from now (bar this Tuesday) up until 22nd December.
Last edited by updiamonds on Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

Pigman wrote:I'm not so sure it's a bad thing - they might not be as strong (availability of some players due to work?) and it could work to our advantage. Will hit the attendance not being a Saturday, but it could help us out.

Could have a few games postponed over the coming months, let's hope it doesn't affect our momentum eh?

Bar last match, Egham had been on a bit of form, maybe there form might dip a bit, and it'll be the right time to play them. :biggrin:
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

I am always thinking of the money! How many will we get on that night, it could be as low as 300
I just think it could be arranged for later in the season......after the 2 months lay off for all the snow and ice that is forecast for this winter.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote:....after the 2 months lay off for all the snow and ice that is forecast for this winter.
I take it you mean the 'forecast' in the Daily Express? It's produced by a guy named James Madden of Exacta Weather Forecasting. He says this in the autumn every year and it a ruse to get people to subscribe to his weather forecasting service. He actually forecast snow in October. :fool:

I think the Southern League has to rearrange postponed fixtures when they can and unfortunately that often means Tuesday evenings with reduced attendances.
icm

Post by icm »

The trouble with the game being so close to Christmas is that a lot of people will be attending Christmas functions, including me, so will miss the game. :sad:
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by Dowlo »

What a rubbish time to rearrange a fixture for. I will no doubt make the trip back to watch it but still it'll be an awkward time for a lot of fans.

Having said that the Egham players wont particularly want to make that trip at that time either. Could work in our favour after all!
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

The Royston v Egham game postponed this coming Saturday is now re arranged for Dec 15th.

So in December, Diamonds, Royston and Egham will all play each other.
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

sussexdiamond wrote:The Royston v Egham game postponed this coming Saturday is now re arranged for Dec 15th.

So in December, Diamonds, Royston and Egham will all play each other.
That's good news that Royston v Egham has been postponed, it might tired them/Egham out before we play them on the 22nd Dec.