[ Tue 27th Oct ] v Barwell FC, KO 7:45pm FAC4QR HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Oundle Diamond #2

Re: [ Tue 27th Oct ] v Barwell FC, KO 7:45pm FAC4QR HOME

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Can't wait for this one - back to Northants for the biggest game in our history.

Can we break the 1000 mark? On the precedent of my friends and I commuting in from three corners of the UK, I would suggest it is very possible. Whatever we get, I'm sure it will be the best atmosphere we've ever experienced at the D&D. I hope the local sports stores and music shops have stocked enough flags/drums. YOUUU WHITES.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Can't wait for this one - back to Northants for the biggest game in our history.

Can we break the 1000 mark? On the precedent of my friends and I commuting in from three corners of the UK, I would suggest it is very possible. Whatever we get, I'm sure it will be the best atmosphere we've ever experienced at the D&D. I hope the local sports stores and music shops have stocked enough flags/drums. YOUUU WHITES.
I doubt it, lets not forget it is a Tuesday night. Also Barwell will bring 100 max and I don't think we will ever get over 1000 without a half decent away following. Regardless of the attendance, I am certain it will be the most vocal game this season!
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

Mad Dog wrote:Starting with Scott Joseph on Tuesday is a must for me, their back four didn't look the fastest, and having him running at them will cause Barwell problems. He's also the most clinical striker we've got, and the most likely to pop up with a goal when he's on song.
I agree with you, starting Scott Joseph is a must, Courtney Herbert had a poor game on Saturday must be dropped. Joseph in for Herbert. :D

It would be nice if we did get over 1000 on Tuesday. :D
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I dreamt last week that we lost to Southend away.
As for changing the side, I wouldn't. Ok a few players didn't play to their fullest, but they have been prior to this game . Courtney was superb against Fleet and has the quality, but needs to deliver the ball more quickly than he did on Saturday, as he was getting himself a bit tied up then losing possession cheaply. Let's have some confidence and faith, this group are doing us proud and if we raise our game 10% we'll give them a real battle.
COME ON YOU D'S let's make history together.
AFC R & D member number 34
Basil

Post by Basil »

Elliott's completed his ban but is injured so I doubt he'll be fit for tomorrow's replay.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

If we draw Sheffield United/Wigan/Millwall/Northampton/Peterborough tonight, I'd back us to get 1000.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 45 times

Post by gibston »

Don't posted on here very often and appreciate football is all about opinions but how anyone can say that tommy Berwick doesn't put a shift in must be watching a different game to me! although tommy hasn't been as ruthless in front of goal like he was a few season's ago one thing he has done and still does is work his socks off , only thing I'd change is if peaksy is to start with Courtney then I'd play him down the middle and put tommy on the right,but regardless who he picks we all need to get right behind the lads!
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

gibston wrote:Don't posted on here very often and appreciate football is all about opinions but how anyone can say that tommy Berwick doesn't put a shift in must be watching a different game to me! although tommy hasn't been as ruthless in front of goal like he was a few season's ago one thing he has done and still does is work his socks off , only thing I'd change is if peaksy is to start with Courtney then I'd play him down the middle and put tommy on the right,but regardless who he picks we all need to get right behind the lads!
I would dispute that. With Berwick, he got a tendency to stop and spend too much time appealing decisions which go against him, instead of carrying on and playing to whistle, which allows the opposition to clear. It has only creeped into his game in recent weeks, but it has broken down a number of promising situations. When he's on form, I think he's fantastic, it's just getting through this spell at the moment.

As I said, I want him to prove me wrong tomorrow and we'll both be happy.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:If we draw Sheffield United/Wigan/Millwall/Northampton/Peterborough tonight, I'd back us to get 1000.
I should imagine so as they would all bring a sizable away following.. Has the club thought ahead as to ground issues should home to Northampton, Luton or dare I say millwall be drawn? It would be impossible to segregate surely but 2 clubs hate us and the 3rd, well........ :lol:
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

corby diamond wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:If we draw Sheffield United/Wigan/Millwall/Northampton/Peterborough tonight, I'd back us to get 1000.
I should imagine so as they would all bring a sizable away following.. Has the club thought ahead as to ground issues should home to Northampton, Luton or dare I say millwall be drawn? It would be impossible to segregate surely but 2 clubs hate us and the 3rd, well........ :lol:
I think Oundle was suggesting if we drew one of the aforementioned teams tonight it would bring in a few more people on Tuesday night.