[ Sat 24th Oct ] v Barwell FC, KO 3pm FAC4QR AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Basil

Re: [ Sat 24th Oct ] v Barwell FC, KO 3pm FAC4QR AWAY

Post by Basil »

That 2nd goal was even better than the late late equaliser against Holbeach last season. God I love Liam Dolman!!!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

What a celebration at the end, can't believe we are still in it.. To be honest and my opinion was I don't think the lads did deserve it. The first half they did nothing, sloppy passes, no attempt at the second ball and our midfield was nowhere to be seen. I said it yesterday that Brad didn't deserve to be out, and looking at bunts today I stand by that for Tuesday. Bunts had a major bad day at the office and don't look 100% fit. Apart from dolman I don't think there was many stand out performances first half, Finlay was called upon a few times which he dealt with.

Second half was only slightly better, Hoban just wasn't called upon enough. We all know he's capable but just didn't receive the service. Courtney had a mare and to be honest was glad when he went off. And on the subject of subs Scott Joseph was bought on far too late, what's 10 minutes going to do? Tommy Berwick was also poor and needs to pick up Tuesday.

Don't want to sound discriminative but the female ref was shocking today, she made a few bad decisions and let a few tackles go that was worthy of being on a rugby pitch..

I may have sounded negative but it's the truth, but I'm estatic to be in there, can't wait for Monday and let's have an improved performance Tuesday, still love my club though!! Thank the Lord for Liam Dolman!!!!! :D
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

That might even beat Dover and Cambridge City for me in terms of great moments, my throat is still hurting from the screaming, that has got be one of my favourite moments as a football fan ever and I really thought it was game over, 60 seconds before we scored I was gutted cause I was sure we were going out, but thankfully the lads hadn't given up and through sheer determination grabbed it back and the scenes at the end were un-****ing-believable, it felt like we'd won the whole tournament :D

Not the greatest of performances tbf, Barwell were the better side and we really struggled in open play and they will be kicking themselves that they didn't win today. But our set pieces were excellent, a Claudio corner and yet another Sam Brown special. To be in the hat for the first round proper and on tv will be fantastic, and I'd fancy our chances at home to just about anyone below the conference, so we have a great chance on Tuesday for sure, I wonder what the late goal will do to Barwell's confidence?
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

Great goal at the end. A good 2-2 draw. (Away from home, a team in a higher league)

(Didn't think there free kick was a free kick, that led to the corner off there 2nd goal) as he dived. Although poor marking from us though.

Still buzzing from the 90th equaliser, and cue the wild celebrations from the mighty Diamonds. :D What a finish. :D

Thought a draw fair. Ace goals from Dolman, one off the best mighty Diamonds footy moment. :D Get in there 8-)

Still in the hat. :D
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

Don't even know who I hugged today and I don't care either. My throat hurts from all the shouting. One of the worst refs we've had I reckon, she was absolutely attrocious.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

God I can't wait for the highlights! Also entertaining to see those "stewards" have the smirks wiped off their faces.

I'm absolutely buzzing!
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

ParcelFace wrote:Don't even know who I hugged today and I don't care either. My throat hurts from all the shouting. One of the worst refs we've had I reckon, she was absolutely attrocious.
By any chance, was that near there main stand. By the turnstiles.

That was a amazing moment, get in there. :D I'm so looking forward to seeing the highlights.
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

updiamonds wrote:
ParcelFace wrote:Don't even know who I hugged today and I don't care either. My throat hurts from all the shouting. One of the worst refs we've had I reckon, she was absolutely attrocious.
By any chance, was that near there main stand. By the turnstiles.

That was a amazing moment, get in there. :D I'm so looking forward to seeing the highlights.
I was behind the goal on the other side of the goal, never run so fast in my life to where the pile-on was!
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

Immensely proud tonight of the fight and sheer determination the lads showed today - it's 2-2 at half time as far as I'm concerned and I'd ask all fans to hold off of any criticism of any players until after Tuesday - we fought to the death and we're in the hat for Monday's draw - that's all that matters !!

Karl Heggs at Leeds, Duane Darby at K*ttering, Billy Sharp v Cobblers - Liam's equaliser today is right up there with goal celebrations.

So proud tonight, of the players and management - but also our Board!! A group of volunteers giving their time freely so we can enjoy moments like today !! Thanks to them for a great day !! Proud to be a Diamond :)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

What an incredible moment when Dolman equalised at the death. I thought they were going to somehow keep it out but then it just opened up for him and all hell broke loose. I was trying to think of moments supporting R&D that were on that level in terms of instant chaos, and could think of Billy Sharp V Cobblers and Ranks V Aldershot in the Setanta Sheid.I'm sure there were others, but for me that was comfortably the best single moment since we reformed. Absolutely bonkers!

I don't think we deserved to win, and scarcely deserved a draw, but we showed unbelievable character to come back twice. In terms of how we played etc, I think Corby Diamond was a little OTT further up the page, however we do have a very clear weak point in our side and that is down the right. Anybody scouting us from the opposition would spot that instantly IMO. We simply can't put Herbert and Wilkinson together on that side again on Tuesday, frankly Herbert looked far more dangerous when put up front than he did out wide and Tommy Berwick helped out no end in that position when he switched with him. I don't know whether Barwell were forcing us to avoid Hoban but everything seemed to be going down the right in the first half and as a result we were becoming our own worst enemy.

I got chatting to a Barwell fan after the game who was very scathing of their goalkeeper and said that he's been costing them a lot of points this season. Did we score with our only two shots on target today? He didn't cover himself in glory for either of those. Let's get some shots off on Tuesday and test him.

I said before the game that i'd have taken a draw if offered as I fancy us against anyone at home. Tuesday is an unbelievably big game for the club, we need everybody out in force for what could be a historic night at the Dog & Duck.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291