[ Sat 10th Oct ] v Ashton Utd, KO 3pm FAC3QR HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: [ Sat 10th Oct ] v Ashton Utd, KO 3pm FAC3QR HOME

Post by Bob's Bitch »

What a performance with an under-strength side! The amount of blocked crosses/shots in the second half was unbelievable. Losing last week was perfect in the long run, judging by the way we started. Now two nights of dreaming until the draw. Lowest side at home please!
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Why not shoot from a distance. At least three times the goal was wide open yet nobody shot at it and the play was broken down? The game could and should have been clear out of sight ages before the whistle.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

That has to be the best defensive performance from an AFC Diamonds team. All of the back five stepped up to the plate with fine performances, and coupled with an ability to take our chances, that hasn't always been the case, we progressed to the next round. If we can get a home draw against a Step 2 side and then equal our performance against Cambridge City in terms of beating a team two levels higher then we might progress even further.
Last edited by Formic on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

Delighted with the effort, desire and determination showed this afternoon - I know a few players were carrying knocks today, but they rose above the pain and delivered !! We're a step 4 side who have just dumped out a step 3 side and throughly deserved to do so! Well done Peaksy and the lads, very proud! Particularly pleased with the defensive display second half - all questions asked of us were answered!! Can't stop smiling tonight - anyone at home please, no-one will want to play us at the Dog and Duck!!! :)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Formic

Post by Formic »

BartonRaz wrote:
Olly wrote:
And I believe the 4th Qual Round is still North/South regionalised, yes.
I didn't think it was regionalised, and even if it was given our location we could literally end up anywhere.
You can see last seasons fixtures here - http://www.thefa.com/thefacup/more/pastresults
It does appear to have been regionalised north / south, with the dividing line around Hinckley - with Nuneaton in the South and Barwell and Tamworth in the North.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

The first 20 mins the lads done everything they should have done, got the early goals, good attacking and put them under pressure. Then it was backs against the walls for the remainder of the game. Although very happy to have progressed, I felt sometimes as if it was a bit risky sitting so deep and allowing Ashton much time to get in and around the area, the shots across goal I could hardly look. Solid defensively, but Matt Finlay made a couple of good stops. The formation was obviously made defensively but proves it wouldn't work in a normal game.

All the lads done superb and will have earned a well earned rest when the hillier cup is played..

Looking forward to the draw Monday! Happy with whoever but hoping it's not a trek to Dover or Gateshead! Well done lads :D
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

In the draw on Monday:

Step 5:
Sporting Khalsa (or Spalding)
Hoddesdon Town (or Brentwood Town)

Step 4:
Didcot Town
AFC Hornchurch
Chasetown (or Stalybridge)
Rugby Town (or Brackley)
Bamber Bridge (or K*ttering)
Harlow Town (or Bath)

I think those are the only ones, but happy to be corrected.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Pete
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Pete »

Brilliant day. Top performances all over the park and a great atmosphere. Players and management can treat it as a job very well done.

The only remotely poor points were the official club Twitter feed publicly criticising refs, again, and Berwick acting tough and trying to start a fight, again. I can only imagine what the guys were saying to him as they pushed him away but it could easily have been "are you actually that stupid?"
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Pete wrote: Berwick acting tough and trying to start a fight, again. I can only imagine what the guys were saying to him as they pushed him away but it could easily have been "are you actually that stupid?"
Without taking anything away from how happy I am tonight, this really NEEDS to be addressed. We are Rushden & Diamonds, not Raggy Arse Rovers. In a local derby when the game is up for grabs I can maybe understand a little bit of excessive aggression but at 2-0 and looking to close the game out, some players really need to look at themselves, grow up, and quickly learn the concept of professionalism.

In other news, Richard Bunting and Sam Brown were incredible today. :D
Formic

Post by Formic »

Ollie's report with Mal's Pics are available - http://www.afcdiamonds.com/afc-rushden- ... ton-united