If you were Peaks...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: If you were Peaks...

Post by corby diamond »

Oundle diamond, i think some of your opinions are crazy, but the most ludicrous thing you have said has come in the last post! If anyone thinks we can 'Storm' the league next season then that is absolute bonkers, we should in our first season at step 4 look for a top 10 or above at best! Then after the 2nd even 3rd season start to challenge, why should we have the attitude to storm the league in the first season? We have no clue on the competition we will be facing :?
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Too right, we don't even know what league we'll be in next season. As for being pro-Peaksy, behave yourself, you wanted him gone when we lost to Oddby. Since when we've lost a grand total of no games
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote:Too right, we don't even know what league we'll be in next season. As for being pro-Peaksy, behave yourself, you wanted him gone when we lost to Oddby. Since when we've lost a grand total of no games
We did draw those 2 games though - should have gone after the first draw ;)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

corby diamond wrote:Oundle diamond, i think some of your opinions are crazy, but the most ludicrous thing you have said has come in the last post! If anyone thinks we can 'Storm' the league next season then that is absolute bonkers, we should in our first season at step 4 look for a top 10 or above at best! Then after the 2nd even 3rd season start to challenge, why should we have the attitude to storm the league in the first season? We have no clue on the competition we will be facing :?

Spot on
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Because we should have the most spending power in the division, and because K*ttering won it this year and we are better than them ;)
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Why aren't we winning the league next year?
I hope we will, but I'll be happy with a top 10 finish, we (hopefully) won't be busting the budget to bring in players beyond our means.

Who knows, what we have already may be good enough to win it - I guess we should give them a chance to see eh? :)
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:8 games live .
Well i'm afraid that says it all. Nothing better than actually being there in person. Maybe if you'd only missed 8 games then your opinions may differ somewhat!
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Because we should have the most spending power in the division, and because K*ttering won it this year and we are better than them ;)

http://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Because we should have the most spending power in the division, and because K*ttering won it this year and we are better than them ;)
And of course K*ttering are the glowing examples, in the black and not spending money they haven't got aren't they? When will they be profitable again????? :roll:

Live within our means and progress at the rate our funds allow us to - no boom and bust !!
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Stop digging, you'll hit the earth's core soon! :lol: You're saying we should have a massive budget for next year. D'oh! Do you remember going bust?
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46