[ Tue 31st Mar ] v Wisbech Town, KO 7:45pm KOC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: [ Tue 31st Mar ] v Wisbech Town, KO 7:45pm KOC HOME

Post by Trek »

therushden wrote:as for no beer outside the clubhouse; you're hard pushed to find any inside!
I never bother to visit WTFC clubhouse nowadays just Dale's Bar, where you can get either draught or a bottle of Hart's excellent brew. What a shame it's not possible this Tuesday. Once again the actions of a small minority have spoilt it for the majority.
Will be interesting to see what the attendance will be and I suspect not that many following our Fenland 'friends'.

I notice that there is a rider on the match preview about the gate admission prices being subject to agreement between both clubs but would have thought that this should have been settled last week.
As long as it's not the £7/£5 that that the Fenmen charge for their home league matches (the most expensive in the league) then it will be acceptable! ;)
Brownie
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by Brownie »

bozzer wrote:I saw someone tweeted the final would be on Monday may 4th should whichever team get there of course
Hope not as if it's that late I'll miss it should we get there, I'm sticking with Wed 29th. Would be nice to wave goodbye to the UCL V Potton, long standing club who provided us with a good day out towards the end of our 1st senior season.
Last edited by Brownie on Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Trek wrote:
therushden wrote:as for no beer outside the clubhouse; you're hard pushed to find any inside!
I never bother to visit WTFC clubhouse nowadays just Dale's Bar, where you can get either draught or a bottle of Hart's excellent brew. What a shame it's not possible this Tuesday. Once again the actions of a small minority have spoilt it for the majority.
Will be interesting to see what the attendance will be and I suspect not that many following our Fenland 'friends'.

I notice that there is a rider on the match preview about the gate admission prices being subject to agreement between both clubs but would have thought that this should have been settled last week.
As long as it's not the £7/£5 that that the Fenmen charge for their home league matches (the most expensive in the league) then it will be acceptable! ;)
The prices are confirmed now - our standard league pricing.
Trek

Post by Trek »

Formic wrote:
The prices are confirmed now - our standard league pricing.
Thanks Formic. Common sense prevails. ;)
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

What's the weather been like out Welly way?? Been horrid here, any risk to this game ??
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Pigman wrote:What's the weather been like out Welly way?? Been horrid here, any risk to this game ??
Biggest risk is the roof blows off the stand
Trek

Post by Trek »

Wind is indeed the problem, up to 45mph this afternoon. Forecast to drop down to a mere 20mph by 8pm in Wellingborough. :evil:
Brownie
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by Brownie »

Presume as well as no alcohol outside the Clubhouse it will also be strongly recommended that the wearing of wigs would not be advised on the grounds of safety & vanity, imagine getting caught in the eye by a rug rat doing 20+ MPH
Sure last nights rain would have helped the pitch, though may be back to hard and bumpy with this wind all day, if the wind does keep to the levels predicted it could make for either an interesting or farcical game.
therushden
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

I work within sight of the dog and duck, it's very gusty but bright and sunny.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

It is a real mush-mash of wind and rain at the moment, I hope it doesn't spoil the game like Saturday.
Should make goal keeping interesting though