[ Sat 23rd Aug ] v Ptrboro Northern Star, KO 3pm UCLP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Re: [ Sat 23rd Aug ] v Ptrboro Northern Star, KO 3pm UCLP AW

Post by Pigman »

Two footed??? You sure Adam? I'm still not convinced the ref saw it and that's why he consulte so long with the assistant ref, who frankly saw nothing either and didn't react at all when the challenge happened - yellow at worst for me having seen it on the video. Hard challenge sure, but still don't see it as two footed or out of control.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 146 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Pigman wrote:Two footed??? You sure Adam? I'm still not convinced the ref saw it and that's why he consulte so long with the assistant ref, who frankly saw nothing either and didn't react at all when the challenge happened - yellow at worst for me having seen it on the video. Hard challenge sure, but still don't see it as two footed or out of control.
Agreed, not a red for me either.

Are you able to appeal a red card at this level? It'd be a blow to lose a player of Ashton's standard for 3 games.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Looks like a red to me - diving in, studs up. Nice dying swan act though.

BTW is that PNS' first choice keeper? He looked like an outfield player who'd been forced into goal to me, totally scared of the ball it seemed on that footage. Not sure what he was doing on the penalty, he didn't even dive for Turner's goal (nice finish, mind) and the first goal was hilarious.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
AdamSRJFC
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by AdamSRJFC »

image.jpg
image.jpg (233.48 KiB) Viewed 2205 times
On another day, the PNS player spends a long time in hospital.

Studs showing, and once you leave the ground any tackle is deemed as out of control and with excessive force, in the modern game it is unacceptable.

How much of the ball does Jack actually get?

But like Pete says on the highlights, it's all down to how you see the laws of the game, I see that as a red card challenge, some won't even see it as a yellow.
Brownie
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by Brownie »

Bob's Bitch wrote:Looks like a red to me - diving in, studs up. Nice dying swan act though.

BTW is that PNS' first choice keeper? He looked like an outfield player who'd been forced into goal to me, totally scared of the ball it seemed on that footage. Not sure what he was doing on the penalty, he didn't even dive for Turner's goal (nice finish, mind) and the first goal was hilarious.
The tackle didn`t look that bad, until you look at Adam`s selected frame, the wonders of modern technology.
As for the keeper, may be nothing in it but one suggestion could be, PNS play at The Mick George Arena, main Club sponsor Mick George Ltd, the keepers name Oh yes Dan George. My bat my ball the boy plays or I take everything home and use the pitch for land fill.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Brownie wrote:
Bob's Bitch wrote:Looks like a red to me - diving in, studs up. Nice dying swan act though.

The tackle didn`t look that bad, until you look at Adam`s selected frame, the wonders of modern technology.
As for the keeper, may be nothing in it but one suggestion could be, PNS play at The Mick George Arena, main Club sponsor Mick George Ltd, the keepers name Oh yes Dan George. My bat my ball the boy plays or I take everything home and use the pitch of land fill.
:lol: The 'banter' with their 'keeper was hilarious, especially as he kept biting, even after the howler for our first goal. It only got funnier when he ran out of the way of Gearing's penalty and Confue's strike for the third!

Regarding the red card; 20 years ago that wouldn't have been a foul, 10 years ago it wasn't a booking, but these days there's always a chance that you'll see red for it. Especially if you have a weak referee and a particularly gobby team/management who like to assist him with every decision he has to make throughout the game. Another week that would be a free kick, maybe a yellow, but red is very, very harsh IMO.

We can appeal the decision and get the card downgraded to a yellow or wiped off completely, but there is as much chance of the NFA overturning it as there is of the PNS 'keeper saving a shot this season. They will only overturn a red card if the referee has made an obvious mistake, and as harsh as it was, the decision was not an obvious mistake. So unfortunately we'll be missing Jack for 3 games starting with Harrowby on 06/09.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

davealbon wrote: They will only overturn a red card if the referee has made an obvious mistake, and as harsh as it was, the decision was not an obvious mistake.
I agree. It will be pointless trying to get the decision overturned by the NFA. The fact that there was so much debate amongst our fans at the match whether it was a deserving red card or not and the continued differing opinions, after watching the video, on this forum means that it wouldn't be overturned.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

davealbon wrote:It only got funnier when he ran out of the way of Gearing's penalty and Confue's strike for the third!
He;d obviously done his homework and knew that if he stood still he'd probably get whacked in the goolies by the kick.
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

Agree Dave regarding the card, always a chance in today`s game, though if the only way to make it look like a nailed on red is a single frame sure it was most likely the case that the Ref was guessing & would not have been helped by the PNS antics. The long delay is often a sign of forthcoming bad news, it`s almost a Ref`s tactic, if I take my time and appear to be in control of the situation I may convince the gathered masses I have the faintest idea of what actually happened.
Out of interest Dave, how would you have marked the Ref? or is it best not to go there.
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote:
davealbon wrote:It only got funnier when he ran out of the way of Gearing's penalty and Confue's strike for the third!
He;d obviously done his homework and knew that if he stood still he'd probably get whacked in the goolies by the kick.
It was a bit odd his "dive" for the pen, did someone shout "free beer by the corner flag" as Matt was running up to take it.