[ Tue 5th Nov ] v Huntingdon Town, KO 7:45pm UCLP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
MEMAN53

Re: [ Tue 5th Nov ] v Huntingdon Town, KO 7:45pm UCLP HOME

Post by MEMAN53 »

Could not get to the game tonight, but looks like we have to concentrate now on the Vase.

Not sure that the recent events at the club have helped the players that have survived as competition for places is now reduced. With Ellwood returning, although I admire his tenacity, he could not secure his place last season at Div 1 level, so not sure how he can impact the premier league team.

I hope that we are not witnessing player complacency as that can spread very quickly and lead to continued losses and crowd disenchantment, leading to lower gates and therefore income which does not lend itself to our ultimate aim to own a ground of our own.

I believe a little investment in better quality players this year is required to give us a basis of an improved squad in order to improve further next year and try to achieve promotion next year (without the likes of Spalding in the league) is what we should be aiming for. If we can improve and finish at a close 2nd, 3rd or 4th place, it may encourage a few better quality players interested in joining our beloved team.
Brownie
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by Brownie »

AFCR&D1975 wrote:So disappointed tonight knew it was going to be hard but were just not good enough at the minute truth be told!

Don't think it's the forwards though, Alfie dunkley and koriya are good enough but the way we play football just isn't pleasing in the eye. Weak at the back aswell.
What :?: Alfie had by his standards a poor game, Faz never got going but still could have got 3 though never got near a tackle or 50/50 ball all night. We will play a lot worse & win. But miss 5/6 clear chances & blame the defence. It's not always the defence but sometimes the defending as the is a difference.
AFCR&D1975

Post by AFCR&D1975 »

Brownie wrote:
AFCR&D1975 wrote:So disappointed tonight knew it was going to be hard but were just not good enough at the minute truth be told!

Don't think it's the forwards though, Alfie dunkley and koriya are good enough but the way we play football just isn't pleasing in the eye. Weak at the back aswell.
What :?: Alfie had by his standards a poor game, Faz never got going but still could have got 3 though never got near a tackle or 50/50 ball all night. We will play a lot worse & win. But miss 5/6 clear chances & blame the defence. It's not always the defence but sometimes the defending as the is a difference.
Your point is right I didn't really mean just tonight I meant the last few weeks on general. Yes koriya has gone of the boil compared to his start but I'm sure he will improve again. I didn't think Alfie was to bad tonight just didn't fall for him. I suppose that where it would be better to have another option to bring on and change the game.

I have realised my posts need to be a bit clearer on here and I will try to improve for you.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

AFCR&D1975 wrote:I have realised my posts need to be a bit clearer on here and I will try to improve for you.
I agree with you there :lol: :lol:
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

with due respect to both Huntingdon and PNS we have been beaten by the same team each time - ourselves. We create so many chances and take hardly any, then make silly mistakes that cost goals. Huntingdon away they had one decent chance - scored 1 goal, PNS - 3 decent chances score 3 goals and then tonight 2 decent chances and they score 2. our chances in all 3 games to have won comfortably. Huntingdon were average, we should have been out of sight by half time but we keep making bad decisions in the final 3rd. Dont know how many times the simple ball is never played, the play goes the wrong direction, we slow the attack down and start again. Its not major issues as we are creating but Alfie and Faz are nowhere near the players they can be. I think its time to give alfie a place on the bench and try Faz down the middle. We were the better team tonight as we have been in all the games where we have dropped points however we are not seeing it through and average teams that work hard for each other and play to their strenghts have beaten us.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

AFCR&D1975 wrote: I have realised my posts need to be a bit clearer on here and I will try to improve for you.

I shouldn't worry about that. You'll find that whatever words you write they will make their own sentences from them. It's a great trick.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

All the cup games, a tougher division and some player discontent is taking is taking its toll.
Time to rethink, regroup and look to a strategy for the rest of the season by the executive and management.

We are a young club and it is most certainly a learning curve.

We are not going to win this league this season but we have been incredibly successful so far - just need to reassess and move forward with a long term plan.

We have a great club, the nucleus of a super team, amazing support and in the end this will prevail.

Just need to be there and enjoy AFC R&D.

Only speed bumps will slow us down and we hit one tonight - need to reflect and then act...
BartonRaz
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

There are clearly underlying issues that need resolving. Some interesting comments from former players on social media this week that say as much.

Again, I didn't think we played that badly tonight. Created the chances, certainly in the first half, but just can't seem to get the job done at the moment. I think it's fairly obvious we need reinforcements.

The fans seem disenchanted too. The atmosphere tonight was flat to say the least.

Feeling really deflated at the moment. We're likely to be in for more of the same on Saturday.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
BartonRaz
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

fentiger79 wrote:with due respect to both Huntingdon and PNS we have been beaten by the same team each time - ourselves. We create so many chances and take hardly any, then make silly mistakes that cost goals. Huntingdon away they had one decent chance - scored 1 goal, PNS - 3 decent chances score 3 goals and then tonight 2 decent chances and they score 2. our chances in all 3 games to have won comfortably. Huntingdon were average, we should have been out of sight by half time but we keep making bad decisions in the final 3rd. Dont know how many times the simple ball is never played, the play goes the wrong direction, we slow the attack down and start again. Its not major issues as we are creating but Alfie and Faz are nowhere near the players they can be. I think its time to give alfie a place on the bench and try Faz down the middle. We were the better team tonight as we have been in all the games where we have dropped points however we are not seeing it through and average teams that work hard for each other and play to their strenghts have beaten us.
Lots of valid points there. I don't think we work hard enough as a group. We have individuals busting a gut, but Huntingdon had an entire team pulling in the same direction, working hard and reaping the rewards.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
AFCR&D1975

Post by AFCR&D1975 »

BartonRaz wrote:
fentiger79 wrote:with due respect to both Huntingdon and PNS we have been beaten by the same team each time - ourselves. We create so many chances and take hardly any, then make silly mistakes that cost goals. Huntingdon away they had one decent chance - scored 1 goal, PNS - 3 decent chances score 3 goals and then tonight 2 decent chances and they score 2. our chances in all 3 games to have won comfortably. Huntingdon were average, we should have been out of sight by half time but we keep making bad decisions in the final 3rd. Dont know how many times the simple ball is never played, the play goes the wrong direction, we slow the attack down and start again. Its not major issues as we are creating but Alfie and Faz are nowhere near the players they can be. I think its time to give alfie a place on the bench and try Faz down the middle. We were the better team tonight as we have been in all the games where we have dropped points however we are not seeing it through and average teams that work hard for each other and play to their strenghts have beaten us.
Lots of valid points there. I don't think we work hard enough as a group. We have individuals busting a gut, but Huntingdon had an entire team pulling in the same direction, working hard and reaping the rewards.
Very good point that, everytime Huntingdon lost the ball they always got all there players behind the ball and said come and break us down. Imagen how much better we could be it we had that philosophy.

Maybe that is an area we could improve, can anyone think of other areas to make the squad improve?