The referee tonight...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Oundle Diamond #2

Re: The referee tonight...

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

diamondal wrote:Please don,t lets get like "them up the road " and start bitching about the referee just because we lose ! :roll:
Did you see the two blatant hand balls? Disgusting.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
sandringhamdiamond wrote:Was he really a K*ttering fan, I know he was poor but really?
Yep! We went to the same school. I used to wind up his brother up permanently about how poo K*ttering are. He also referreed lots of my games growing up and was always useless and irritating!
Did you see him warming up with the Linos before the game? anyone would have thought he was one of the players!!! never seen any referee warm up like he did!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

diamondal wrote:Please don,t lets get like "them up the road " and start bitching about the referee just because we lose ! :roll:
There's not a single fanbase in the country that doesn't complain about refs and more often than not, refs will be moaned about more when their team loses and while we can't blame the ref for losing, we can blame the ref for not giving an obvious penalty that could have put us a goal up and things could have turned out very differently.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
diamondal

Post by diamondal »

Olly wrote:
There's not a single fanbase in the country that doesn't complain about refs and more often than not, refs will be moaned about more when their team loses and while we can't blame the ref for losing, we can blame the ref for not giving an obvious penalty that could have put us a goal up and things could have turned out very differently.
As an ex/referee I can see where all you guys are coming from but I suggest you get the kit, do the training and try the job for yourselves....not an easy job as you are inveriabaly a great ref to the winning team or a complete t?sser to the losing team and that usually applies to the fans as well.....the poor old ref will never win!. Much easier in the higher leagues of football where the refs have 1st class refs on the line to help them!. There is a big shortage of referees at the moment so come on lads...buy a whistle and see if you can take the abuse these lads take on a weekly basis.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Olly wrote:There's not a single fanbase in the country that doesn't complain about refs and more often than not, refs will be moaned about more when their team loses...
Doesn't stop it from being tedious though. Unless the FA are introducing robot referees then they'll never be perfectly refereed games so shouldn't we be looking at how we couldn't score from open play or how we conceded in the 2nd half? You make your own luck etc.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
AdamSRJFC

Post by AdamSRJFC »

Ultimately it comes down to the fact that refs at this level aren't great, but really going on our second half performance we didn't deserve to have anything given our way
OundleDiamond

Post by OundleDiamond »

The difference between this and standard 'bitching' is that this is as much a question of the impartiality of the ref as his competence.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

All refs have been varying standards of woeful at this level. The bloke on Wednesday would have been the same had he supported Arsenal, Barcelona or Chutney Ferrets.
OundleDiamond

Post by OundleDiamond »

Great result, will be back at uni in london in time for the Cockfosters game (after being back home over the summer), will probably take me less time to get there than it normally would from here for a Diamonds home game :)
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

diamondal wrote:
Olly wrote:
As an ex/referee I can see where all you guys are coming from but I suggest you get the kit, do the training and try the job for yourselves....not an easy job as you are inveriabaly a great ref to the winning team or a complete t?sser to the losing team and that usually applies to the fans as well.....the poor old ref will never win!. Much easier in the higher leagues of football where the refs have 1st class refs on the line to help them!. There is a big shortage of referees at the moment so come on lads...buy a whistle and see if you can take the abuse these lads take on a weekly basis.
I agree with everything there, its a tough job where you get very very little credit, I often wonder how on earth there's enough refs out there to manage to get 3 officials to every step 5 and below game every Saturday and it annoys me how some fans (inc. some of ours) seem to moan at every decision that goes against them, even when there shouldn't be any question over the decision. Though I think I'll pass on the offer to take up refereeing ;)
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308