[ Tue 26th Feb ] v Sileby Rangers, KO 7:45pm UCL1 AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
UttoDiamond

Re: [ Tue 26th Feb ] v Sileby Rangers, KO 7:45pm UCL1 AWAY

Post by UttoDiamond »

Fair enough, don't get the printed copy, and the website's not the best!
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Olly wrote:True, Oadby on the 30th could be the big one, assuming they'll win their 3 games in hand over us, they'd go 2 points above us, so a win against them may be essential for promotion as Sileby don't seem to slip up against anyone, other than us of course. Really hoping we can draw a big crowd for that one and its the easter weekend as well, would be nice to have an 1000+ home crowd this season and we haven't broken 600 since October.
But that's not been helped by the constant run of Tuesday home games and lack of Saturday ones. I do think we'll see a couple of 1,000+ attendances for either Sileby/Oadby and Bourne in mid-April. Hopefully we'll be able to clinch something on that day so that we can benefit from a large attendance for once!
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

UttoDiamond wrote:
Would be great to great some external coverage in the media to help boost attendances - I see the Herald and Post hasn't carried a Diamonds story for weeks! And the ET isn't much better, still no match report or even mention of the Sileby result on their website yet!
Write a report and send it to them, they'll publish it. Email Anglia TV and the BBC and see if you can get them to come along. This is a chance for those that can't help out normally to do their bit.
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

Look East are due along to do a feature at the Potton match although they have been scheduled to come along twice and had to cancel at the last minute.

The ET do give us coverage but it is still predominately 2 pages on K*ttering and 1 on Corby and we get a mention in the UCL feature, despite what we think with regards to crowds etc the coverage is sort of on league position and until we start to move up (or others move down) I don't see it changing.

Look out for a feature on the new BT sport channel filmed recently with Tom Watt
AFC R&D Member No. 67
luckyfour

Post by luckyfour »

As someone said on the manager of the month thread "We are Rushden, Super Rushden" - screw the ET and screw the manager of the month award. :D
dazSRJFC

Post by dazSRJFC »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote:
dazSRJFC wrote: From then on, two guys next to me who were, I would asume, in their seventies, were clapping and singing along as much as The Singers. Brilliant.
Couldnt agree more Daz. They was right infront of me and seeing that was so heart-warming and topped off what a fantastic night it was :D
Haha, I figured that it might be you behind me!!! :D A memorable night.
AFC R&D Member Number 443
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

bozzer wrote:The ET do give us coverage but it is still predominately 2 pages on K*ttering and 1 on Corby and we get a mention in the UCL feature, despite what we think with regards to crowds etc the coverage is sort of on league position and until we start to move up (or others move down) I don't see it changing.
Which is weird considering Corby are a league higher than K*ttering. It'll be interesting to see what happens should Corby get relegated and we go up. You'd think then we would get at least a page.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 89 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Sara Pascoe wrote:
bozzer wrote:The ET do give us coverage but it is still predominately 2 pages on K*ttering and 1 on Corby and we get a mention in the UCL feature, despite what we think with regards to crowds etc the coverage is sort of on league position and until we start to move up (or others move down) I don't see it changing.
Which is weird considering Corby are a league higher than K*ttering. It'll be interesting to see what happens should Corby get relegated and we go up. You'd think then we would get at least a page.
Based, as bozzer has pointed out on league position i dont think we would get any extra coverage if we went up. We've still only been in the same league as Wellingborough afterall
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 26 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Considering Corby are in a higher league than KTFC and that newspaper still has given them a couple of pages rather than Corby most of this season, I'd say league position is not relevant. Negative stories attract newspapers better than positive ones.
AFC R & D member number 34
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

I see that the official attendance for this match is 361! :shock: Someone is having a laugh.