K*ttering FC

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: K*ttering FC

Post by Sid »

That's a real shame. Unfortunately it's not just K*ttering Council, you hear it so often from clubs especially in the south-east. That's why so many clubs in the Combined Counties and Hellenic Leagues do not have floodlights, impossible to get planning permission. They claim however, that their councils can't do enough to help "posher" sports such as tennis.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
Red Kite

Post by Red Kite »

tech_head wrote:
Red Kite wrote:Some interesting reading

http://www.poppynet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14808

The KFC bits, all true I am afraid........
RK so where does that leave KFC, is there no way to appeal the decision? If not I guess that means no senior football next year for KTC? Feel for you guys if that is the case.
All I can say at the moment is, it is not all over, we will not go without a fight.
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

Good luck with your battle RK 8-)
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Yes best of luck in your fight mate
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Red Kite wrote: All I can say at the moment is, it is not all over, we will not go without a fight.
Was this a formal planning application as there is no listing on the KBC Planning web-site?
Red Kite

Post by Red Kite »

Trek wrote:
Red Kite wrote: All I can say at the moment is, it is not all over, we will not go without a fight.
Was this a formal planning application as there is no listing on the KBC Planning web-site?
It was a pre-planning application enquiry, which was received by the council's Development Officer on 26:11:12. If we go ahead and submit a formal Planning Application, answering the multitude of obstacles placed in front of us, then I would think that will be available to view on their Planning web-site.

Obviously we are disappointed at the initial response but it didn't surprise me to be honest. I don't want to say too much incase anything jeopardise's any future correspondence with any of the officials involved.

Hope that helps for the time being. Such fun :roll:
Red Kite

Post by Red Kite »

STAGMAN wrote:Yes best of luck in your fight mate
Many thanks.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Red Kite wrote: Hope that helps for the time being.
At least you know the planning officer's concerns about your proposals and from reading Poppynet floodlighting appears to be an issue although this should not be insurmountable and forewarned is forearmed as they say. What threw me is an 'appeal' was mentioned. Obviously this does not apply until such time as a formal application is refused.
Best of luck with your application.
Red Kite

Post by Red Kite »

Trek wrote:
Red Kite wrote: Hope that helps for the time being.
At least you know the planning officer's concerns about your proposals and from reading Poppynet floodlighting appears to be an issue although this should not be insurmountable and forewarned is forearmed as they say. What threw me is an 'appeal' was mentioned. Obviously this does not apply until such time as a formal application is refused.
Best of luck with your application.
Having re-read the letter once again (I am a glutton for punishment), the final sentence states...'I hope you find the information above helpful, however if you have any queries please contact me'.

As you quite rightly say, the word 'appeal' at this stage is in the wrong context, but on the right lines.

Once again thanks for all of your best wishes.
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

It looks like Luton Town Council has been rather too generous with their arrangement with their local team - http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/news/local/ ... -1-4705915