Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
ChorltonV

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by ChorltonV »

BartonRaz wrote:Since they left Nene Park i've completely lost interest to be honest. Being a Diamonds fan I was never particularly fond of Kettrin', but I developed a hatred for them that was fueled almost totally by them being there.
I totally get that point of view, I think much of our recent hatred of KTFC has been fuelled by their occupancy of Nene Park. The hatred has waned since they moved out and it's become more difficult to maintain an interest in thier [lack of] fortunes. But it's funny none-the-less.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I see Lee Phillips scored against the Poppies today - that brings back memories of this pic
Noddy

Post by Noddy »

I see Nabil Shariff left them after just the single game.
kempstonblue

Post by kempstonblue »

BartonRaz wrote:Since they left Nene Park i've completely lost interest to be honest. Being a Diamonds fan I was never particularly fond of Kettrin', but I developed a hatred for them that was fueled almost totally by them being there.
It's funny, though many here don't want to go back to NP (or maybe with KC in the background).
It was it seems annoying that The Ploppies had set up camp their, maybe it was the speed that they moved got people. Sort of felt like they were jumping in RDFC's grave.

However I hope AFCRD find a suitable patch of grass, nearer Rushden to call home soon, and if Nene Park does not find a tenant...I hope that it does not just fall down (though sadly I get the feeling it may be already). All those dreams, all those games...it was our Theatre, sadly in the final days they were to often tragedies being played in front of us. Bit like when they pull down old cinema's, they may have been flea pit's but who cared when the movie started?
ChorltonV

Post by ChorltonV »

I found this on Poppynet, this is comedy gold. It's hardly surprising that their finances are so fucked up in the light of this.

"I havent been on for a while so not sure weather its been mentioned before, but do people think that the direct debit idea raised at the park that night would still work now. Although we have proberly lost 300 fans who would have gone for the idea, i recon there are still 300 more who would still pay £10 a month if it was goin to a reliable source. That would mean 36000 a month to help out with wages and transport ect plus maybe bringin in a few experience players. How many people would still be happy to do this, surly it would be a big help to getting us back to where we truly belong."
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318
Red Kite

Post by Red Kite »

What I still find slightly amusing on the Poppies second fans site, Poppytalk, some actually still believe there are investors.......there are no investors.....there was, but they/he walked away weeks ago. Should be interesting in a few weeks time, IIAC they are only allowed to play 10 league games at Steel Park. Then back to NP?????
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

It looks like ESPN have written off the Poppies. Referring to some of the red seats at Alfreton's ground in the TV game, the commentator stated "they took them from Rockingham Road, the ground of K*ttering Town, after their sad demise". ;) ;)
diamondal

Post by diamondal »

Formic wrote:It looks like ESPN have written off the Poppies. Referring to some of the red seats at Alfreton's ground in the TV game, the commentator stated "they took them from Rockingham Road, the ground of K*ttering Town, after their sad demise". ;) ;)
Off topic slightly but cannot believe the small crowd at Alfreton v L Orient, A few years ago if minnows were playing a team from League 1 the ground would have been bursting at the seams!. Has the FACup lost it,s flavour ?I believe it has !
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

Red Kite wrote:What I still find slightly amusing on the Poppies second fans site, Poppytalk, some actually still believe there are investors.......there are no investors.....there was, but they/he walked away weeks ago. Should be interesting in a few weeks time, IIAC they are only allowed to play 10 league games at Steel Park. Then back to NP?????
How come lee thorn and mark cooper keep turning up to matches?
AFC R&D Member No. 67
diamondal

Post by diamondal »

bozzer wrote:
Red Kite wrote:What I still find slightly amusing on the Poppies second fans site, Poppytalk, some actually still believe there are investors.......there are no investors.....there was, but they/he walked away weeks ago. Should be interesting in a few weeks time, IIAC they are only allowed to play 10 league games at Steel Park. Then back to NP?????
How come lee thorn and mark cooper keep turning up to matches?
Probably hoping for a game ! Seems,if you can get there you can play ! :lol: