[ Sat 27th Oct ] v Eynesbury Rovers KO 3pm UCL1 AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Re: [ Sat 27th Oct ] v Eynesbury Rovers KO 3pm UCL1 AWAY

Post by Pigman »

I think the confusion about the interview was because Starms was seen to jump into his car at the end - I think he was just composing his thoughts, as I did when I got home before posting my first thoughts ;) :lol:
Raising awareness of Motor Neurone Disease
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten!!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 154 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Pigman wrote:I think the confusion about the interview was because Starms was seen to jump into his car at the end - I think he was just composing his thoughts, as I did when I got home before posting my first thoughts ;) :lol:
I actively encourage writing in the immediate aftermath. When the apocalypse seems preferable to the drive home.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
coolcuts

Post by coolcuts »

Trek wrote:
SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Sileby have the manager and at least half the team that won the UCL Prem with Long Buckby last season
Didn't Long Buckby's financial backer also switch his allegiance to Sileby or am I mistaken?
Yes your right. Plus sileby have the best ground and pitch in this league too.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Latest tables and all today's results including NJC. Interesting to see Harrowby in fifth place but have lost half of their matches.

http://full-time.thefa.com/ProcessPubli ... ue=1625657
dazSRJFC

Post by dazSRJFC »

Sileby are a Prem team in all but name, so should win the division comfortably. THAT`s pressure. But will the players and the money stay around or will they up and off again.??
AFC R&D Member Number 443
MEMAN53

Post by MEMAN53 »

That was the worst performance I have seen during the last two seasons.

For most of this season we have started very slowly, what is happening during the warm up prior to the game, are we not working this team hard enough so that they are ready for a battle? Every week we will be the team every other team want's to beat. We are percieved to be the flash harry's of this division and every team will want to increase their performance levels against us. I am not sure that the current squad have the motivation to want to better their position and they think that just by pulling on the shirt is enough. We, including the management of the football club, team management and fans have not instilled the work ethic that is needed to build on the desire to continuously improve. This league is not an easy league and like everything in life we need to work very hard to get what we want out of life.

Today I saw a team today playing mediocre football, lacking in motivation movement and attitude, the younger players were looking for leadership both on and off the pitch and received none.

Eynesbury whilst not, in my opinion, having the same skill calibre of our players, showed that by hard work, energy and movement they could easily get past a lack lustre midfield and largely confused defence and at times comical goalkeeping.

Our attacking force was generally one dimensional and at times selfish from some players.

I think this weeks training regime should include very hard words indeed from team management to get it through to this group of players that none of their positions are safe, that effort, energy and
movement and hard tackling from defenders and holding midfielders is a necessary requirement to keep in the team if they wish to keep their positions in the squad.

Harsh words I know, but I think it is time for a clear the air session, to instill a continuous improvement that is required to maintain the AFC R & D drive towards improving our position in the league structure that our support deserves (and that does not include throwing money at it). We need to keep and improve on the level of support to get to these higher ambitious levels, but we will not do so with the performances we have so far achieved to date this season.
ron manager

Post by ron manager »

MEMAN53 wrote:That was the worst performance I have seen during the last two seasons.

For most of this season we have started very slowly, what is happening during the warm up prior to the game, are we not working this team hard enough so that they are ready for a battle? Every week we will be the team every other team want's to beat. We are percieved to be the flash harry's of this division and every team will want to increase their performance levels against us. I am not sure that the current squad have the motivation to want to better their position and they think that just by pulling on the shirt is enough. We, including the management of the football club, team management and fans have not instilled the work ethic that is needed to build on the desire to continuously improve. This league is not an easy league and like everything in life we need to work very hard to get what we want out of life.

Today I saw a team today playing mediocre football, lacking in motivation movement and attitude, the younger players were looking for leadership both on and off the pitch and received none.

Eynesbury whilst not, in my opinion, having the same skill calibre of our players, showed that by hard work, energy and movement they could easily get past a lack lustre midfield and largely confused defence and at times comical goalkeeping.

Our attacking force was generally one dimensional and at times selfish from some players.

I think this weeks training regime should include very hard words indeed from team management to get it through to this group of players that none of their positions are safe, that effort, energy and
movement and hard tackling from defenders and holding midfielders is a necessary requirement to keep in the team if they wish to keep their positions in the squad.

Harsh words I know, but I think it is time for a clear the air session, to instill a continuous improvement that is required to maintain the AFC R & D drive towards improving our position in the league structure that our support deserves (and that does not include throwing money at it). We need to keep and improve on the level of support to get to these higher ambitious levels, but we will not do so with the performances we have so far achieved to date this season.
Wow, great post, thats all my thoughts and worries brilliantly put, especially the bit about having the right ambitions to keep people interested. I fear the interest is slowly dyeing off. Are you on the board, i think you could be the right mindset to help out?
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

only my opinion ;) i always refrain from putting our players down,,,,but,,,,,,,
quincey worries me,,,,i panick every time he gets or comes near the ball,,,,,confidence is shot/plus his shoulder injury---not good enough
jake ,,,, i get the impression he doesnt want to be here,looses the ball and doesnt chase back,wants toomany touches and too much time,,,to me he is a last 15mins impact player,,,,,,may score goals(i hope)but at the moment not good enough(i also saw him at lutterworth,diamonds xi,i felt he didnt want to be there)
ainsley,,,,flaps about to much at the back and gives it away too much,i think the captaincy may be affecting him,,,at the moment not good enough
the bench...all good lads but not game changers(with the exception of louis smith ,showed more passion in his ten mins and has some vision)
shanny,,,,my fave,,,,,but after 75 mins he was shattered

overall though i thought we were the better team and again created more chances,the one exception their hatrick guy,,,,,crouchey likey
sorry but the squad needs strenghthening,,,,,,,,i sadly dont think we will get promotion this years but next year we will,my reason is,i think as we travel around players will see the fan base/set up and want to buy into it,,,,,,,,,BUT IM STILL LOVING IT :D :D :D
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 154 times

Post by BartonRaz »

discodunk wrote: sorry but the squad needs strenghthening,,,,,,,,i sadly dont think we will get promotion this years but next year we will
I tried to make this point earlier in the week, and clearly I agree.

Never has the saying "a week is a long time in football" been so true!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

ron manager wrote: What worried anoyed me was jakes one on one miss and what he said the wis when he was free for a sitter. Not impressive.
Could not agree more about the latter part. Showed no respect and could easily conclude he doesn't care and doesn't want to be here based on it! I'd love a side as united as it's fan base, not divided.