Max Porter

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Red Dragon

Max Porter

Post by Red Dragon »

I saw the New Year in with friends in Pembrokeshire, who happened to have family visiting who are closely connected with AFC Wombles (in fact were instrumental in setting them up).

I therefore have it on very good authority that Max Porter comes into training every morning singing "a song he heard continually coming from the de Banke Terrace at Rushden & Diamonds". They couldn't tell me what song it was (any guesses?), and apparently Max sings it partly to wind up some of the other players who have no love for R&DFC or the de Bankers, but I thought you might like to know that Max still holds us in high regard and fondness.

MAX PORTER, YOU'RE A LEGEND!
AFCR&D Member Number 38 - Proud member of a Community Football Club, currently in exile in West Wales!
Bobos

Re: Max Porter

Post by Bobos »

"Bring your Vodka and Bacardi" :lol:
Steve

Post by Steve »

Unfortunately, he was placed on the transfer list yesterday!! Wonder if he would take a drop to the UCL next season ;)
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Another ex-RDFC player, Ryan Charles, is apparently about to join Justin Edinburgh at Newport County.
Pressman

Post by Pressman »

And what's the betting that Max ends up at Newport as well?

A belated Happy New Year to you all - hope to get to some games now work is starting to calm down. Good to see that Jon is doing such a great job on the press side, Racheal is making a steady improvement following her awful illness and that AFC Rushden is very much alive and kicking!

On the subject of former players, I'm covering South Northants sides now for the Beeb which is really enjoyable. Mostly Brackley who have the likes of Jefferson Louis, Owen Story, Brett Solkhon and Billy Turley regularly playing every week. Jon Brady is the manager and the legendry Darren Collins his assistant - he was on the bench before xmas at age of 43!

Went to Chesham recently and had long chat with Daniel Talbot. Now 27, married with child and another on the way, he was getting wound up by the physio - when he knew the link between us - saying he only played for R & D due to his father. Brian is now European scout for Fulham.

Saw Kev Wilkin at Nuneaton in the FA Cup at Daventry Town - still as perky as ever!

Text weekly with Sam Smith who is being trailed by several clubs at the moment - he plays in the same team as Alan Power at Lincoln.
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Pressman wrote: Brian is now European scout for Fulham..
Judging by his transfer policy at Nene Park I imagine he just compiles a list of every player in Europe and puts a pin in it.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

I absolutely love Max Porter, not technically the greatest player we've seen but an honest and hardworking one, hes a nice lad aswel. apart from seeing him at Dale's memorial game, my last memories of him was going qith quite a large diamonds contingent to sixfields to watch the England C game (that was scheduled to be at NP) there was a fair few there from alot of different clubs, but the only song that got bellowed out from the crowd was Max's song. You could tell he appreciated it :D

I'd love to know what song it was, the only other players we have an affiliation with there are Ademeno and Stuart, but I cant see why they'd dislike us. I think we may have given Seb Brown abit of stick due to his gay hair.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

God is reassembling the Dream Team at Newport, Max is surely next! :D

Would the song not be De Banke Army, or did we not sing that very often? I love Max, he was an incredibly hard-working player and I'll always remember the goal he scored away at Tamworth in the play-off season, crucial goal with about 8 minutes to go and Dale turned round to celebrate with us in the away end as well. :D
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
therushden
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

what was max's song?
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times