Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by Pigman »

I think, given his past record of thrusting himself into the limelight, what has surprised me the most is that Ladick hasn't had his face all over the media calming things down - he seems to have headed for the hills (hmmmmm Hills, I wonder ;) ).

I see the announcement today was given by a "club spokesman", I'd have expected the Chairman to make such an announcement - where is he?? (a question being asked by Ploppy players, backroom staff and fans alike).

What next, a Fans Forum Chaired by "your friend and mine" where the question is asked, would you watch Corby Town at Nene Park..............surely they'll go for the hat-trick?? ;)

As a football fan I'm appauled by what is going on over there. As a rival fan of course I find it slightly amusing, especially given how they gloated about our demise and how they were on the up as our world was falling apart - but its dreadful that fans and employees are yet again treated with such contempt...........we know what that is like don't we?

The behaviour of certain people needs investigating, and in my opinion they should never be allowed within 100 yards of a football club again. Alas, the way the game is run in this country the FA's idea of "fit and proper" falls a long way short of my own measure.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

PigmanRDFC wrote: The behaviour of certain people needs investigating, and in my opinion they should never be allowed within 100 yards of a football club again. Alas, the way the game is run in this country the FA's idea of "fit and proper" falls a long way short of my own measure.
Justin Edinburgh made reference of the FA's supposed 'fit and propper person/s test' in relation to the Beasants in an article in the NLP around July time. I'd suggest underneath the Premier League that test perhaps isn't fit for purpose, certainly beyond the Football League it's non-existant. Remind me, who is bankrolling Crawley? Answers on a postcard.

Re: the Beasants, i often wonder how much at fault they were in our demise. In my eyes they were thrown to the wolves by KC. The death of RDFC is and probably always will be highly suspicious. I don't think you can look at KTFC in the same light. IL knew what he was getting into when he signed what was probably an extortionate rent agreement and this end result was inevitable. You could blame a whole host of people for RDFC, but the fate of KTFC is solely the responsibility of IL.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

I guess you're right Raz, but maybe we should be looking at common denominators.........if you know what I mean ;)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

There's a good article about the Poppies problems on the Two Hundred Percent Blog - http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=16256
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Moses going off on one again this morning on Twitter.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

someone has just tweeted that the water has been cut off at NP today.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
DiamondCarvell

Post by DiamondCarvell »

bozzer wrote:someone has just tweeted that the water has been cut off at NP today.
:D :D :D
We Love You, The Way You Play We Follow, Cos' We Support The Rushden and Diamonds Are Forever.
DiamondEejit

Post by DiamondEejit »

BartonRaz wrote:Moses going off on one again this morning on Twitter.
Wow that's a long rant! Such an eloquent man too... :lol:
"Reputations mean nothing here, come any where near me on that pitch and I'll kick you over the far stand."

♦Dale Roberts♦ - Forever and always Rushden's number 1
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

bozzer wrote:someone has just tweeted that the water has been cut off at NP today.
Well Anglian Water have announced that they would like everyone to save water! ;)
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Trek wrote: Well Anglian Water have announced that they would like everyone to save water! ;)
They've just applied for a drought order :shock: :?
AFC R & D member number 34