Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
therushden
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by therushden »

i particularly like the bit about moving from your community, to raunds. says the kettrin fan, watching his team 11miles from their natural home.
this would appear to be the thread where we follow your team, being mismanaged and failing. drawing similarites to our own once proud conf team.
i for one don't care if we never play you again, much like i didn't care when we were in div1 and you were in the conf north.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

I've posted on Ploppynet twice in my lifetime if memory serves me correct, one of those was to correct someone who got something totally wrong, the other was to thank your fans for the way they behaved over Dale's death - you've blown my record for posting on a rivals messageboard right out of the water in a couple of hours. :D

My truck isn't with the Ploppy fans as such, although I do think you have some utter morons amongst your number, its more to do with the people running your club who were making deals with our then owner, and your now Landlord, behind our backs. If you can't see why we're bitter towards them then I'm lost for words. The way many of your fans celebrated our demise is another reason why so many of us dislike you so much. Even your gloating on here kinda proves a point doesn't it?

As for the 8 Ploppies at Newport last night - fair play to them I say, that shows real committment, not a piss-take that either !!

Sadly you're right, we don't have a senior side yet, hopefully many of our past fans will come back when we do next season, the attraction of youth football isn't for everyone. But we're still one of the best supported sides in the area and the fact that we have gates of 4-500 for youth football is a testament to our football community.

I don't think many of us want to see you go bust, but we would like to see certain people lose out financially and thanks to the way many of your fans behaved not many of us will shed a tear for you if you do go the same way as we have. You may feel the same about those very same people in future years, I guess we'll have to see won't we?

In the meantime we'll just take enjoyment from watching your football team lose each week, its funny. For what its worth I think Stimson will sort you out in time, you'll be a top third of the table side by the end of the season, but its funny watching you suffer at the moment :D If the Doc Marten was on the other foot you'd be doing exactly the same and you know it !
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Diamondsarentforever is a lanky K*ttering fan by the name of James Loader who plays football for Islip (think of an ugly Peter crouch and your not far off) He constantly picks fights with the opposition before running into the changing rooms like a little girl. He also used to drive a White Nissan micro that was affectionately known as the 'tic tac' by Thrapston locals. I thought I would share this information as he is big enough to hid behind a keyboard trolling. ;)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Diamondsarentforever wrote:
Biggles wrote: We are community friendly but Kettrin is not our community, Kettrin Town have deserted their town and community and will cease to exist without a tear shed from the locals in East Northants.
And youve deserted your community to move down the road to Raunds. Where is the difference there then? Still as it stands we do exist, so theres no tears to be shed. Not many of your 1,200 followers must be shedding a tear either since about 1/6 now support you. :roll:
We have not deserted our community. You all called us plastic but our fans came from all over East Northants, we're still in our community. The only thing we left was Nene Park and that wasn't our choice. That's the difference. You also talk about support numbers, but how many do you get for your under 18s? Next season will show how much damage was done by others to our CLUB. I suspect for the level it shall be at, it shall be a big club.
AFC R & D member number 34
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote:Diamondsarentforever is a lanky K*ttering fan by the name of James Loader who plays football for Islip (think of an ugly Peter crouch and your not far off) He constantly picks fights with the opposition before running into the changing rooms like a little girl. He also used to drive a White Nissan micro that was affectionately known as the 'tic tac' by Thrapston locals. I thought I would share this information as he is big enough to hid behind a keyboard trolling. ;)
:lol:
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Rankine's Nose

Post by Rankine's Nose »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote:Diamondsarentforever is a lanky K*ttering fan by the name of James Loader who plays football for Islip (think of an ugly Peter crouch and your not far off) He constantly picks fights with the opposition before running into the changing rooms like a little girl. He also used to drive a White Nissan micro that was affectionately known as the 'tic tac' by Thrapston locals. I thought I would share this information as he is big enough to hid behind a keyboard trolling. ;)
:lol: Outstanding stuff! :lol:
AFC R&D - Member 382
DiamondEejit

Post by DiamondEejit »

Diamondsarentforever wrote: The facts are:
We had 8 fans at Newport. You had no fans anywhere!
Clear enough?
You haven't seen how many fans are turning up to the AFC Rushden & Diamonds games then?
Speaking for myself, I don't want to see K*ttering die, or any club. But just because our club went bust, that doesn't mean we have to suddenly like you... And we won't.

And I know it must be a worrying time for the fans of your club at the moment, but as members of poppynet are demonstrating, some times in life, there are things you just have to laugh at, and having 8 fans at a game is one of those things...
"Reputations mean nothing here, come any where near me on that pitch and I'll kick you over the far stand."

♦Dale Roberts♦ - Forever and always Rushden's number 1
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Diamondsarentforever wrote: We as a club (not me, im quite interested in your AFCRD thing you lot love) dont care about you!Yet you practically comment on everyone one of our games.
If none of you care about us, why do you all seem to care that we pay you some attention?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Diamondsarentforever wrote:
And you've deserted your community to move down the road to Raunds. Where is the difference there then?
The difference is that there is a perfectly serviceable stadium available in the town of K*ttering.

In the town of Rushden there is nowhere that is suitable for either AFC R&D or any other club with the mighty ambition of giving it's players somewhere to play and change.

All of us involved in football in Rushden are working hard to change that and by working together we WILL be able to provide a decent football facility for players from 4 to over 40 and somewhere to hold social events and make football in Rushden a real community achievement.

K*ttering should be looking at us to learn a few lessons
easystreet

Post by easystreet »

All we talk about on this forum is K*ttering and its getting boring.

Its the longest thread with the most views on the forum.