Jacko reaches the top

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Jacko reaches the top

Post by sussexdiamond »

At last Simeon Jackson has made his Premier League debut!! The first ex Diamond to achieve such a distinction. Now lets get that first goal Jacko. Congratulations.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Jacko reaches the top

Post by Trek »

It was his second appearance actually! He made his Premier League debut as an 84th minute sub in the Canaries home match against Stoke City on the 21st August. ;)

I had him in my FPL squad but because he wasn't getting much of a look in I shipped him out the other week.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

He's not the first Ex-Diamond in the Premier League - Ashdown, Folan, Feuer to name three - but I suspect you're right in that he's the first permanent Ex-Diamond to play in the top flight?

IMO Tomlin was considerably better than Jacko was comparing them both as RDFC players. I'd expect he'll make it in the near future too.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
DiamondCarvell

Post by DiamondCarvell »

BartonRaz wrote:He's not the first Ex-Diamond in the Premier League - Ashdown, Folan, Feuer to name three - but I suspect you're right in that he's the first permanent Ex-Diamond to play in the top flight?

IMO Tomlin was considerably better than Jacko was comparing them both as RDFC players. I'd expect he'll make it in the near future too.
werent there 4 premiership teams interested in tomlin in january? fulham and blackpool being two?
We Love You, The Way You Play We Follow, Cos' We Support The Rushden and Diamonds Are Forever.
Diamondsiy

Post by Diamondsiy »

dno the other but i no west brom wanted him to
AFC RUSHDEN & DIAMONDS - Member No: 380
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

AFCRUSHDEN_SIY wrote:dno the other but i no west brom wanted him to
Not surprised after the way he ran rings around them in his last ever R&D game.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
DiamondEejit

Post by DiamondEejit »

davealbon wrote:Not surprised after the way he ran rings around them in his last ever R&D game.
Didn't they have Zuiverloon at RB too? Made it all the more impressive as he's no mug, I remember him playing out of his skin against Man Utd (I think it was Giggs on the left wing?) a couple of seasons ago...
"Reputations mean nothing here, come any where near me on that pitch and I'll kick you over the far stand."

♦Dale Roberts♦ - Forever and always Rushden's number 1