AFC R&D gear up for first competitive match

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

AFC R&D gear up for first competitive match

Post by bozzer »

AFC Rushden and Diamonds Under 18 have completed their pre season schedule and are now looking forward to their historic first ever league match.The hosts take on Daventry Town at Kiln Park Raunds on Thursday 25th August 7.45pm K.O

The club is also delighted to announce that the shirt sponsors for the season 2011-2012 are Playfish an EA Sports owned company.

www.playfish.com

AFC Rushden and Diamonds played their final pre season friendly on Monday going down 2-0 at Irchester United.

Manager Mark Starmer said “the squad has now been formed and has shown progress over the past few weeks, I am looking forward to seeing how the players respond on such a momentous occasion”

A large fan turnout is expected, entry is £2 for adults and £1 for concessions, in addition, for this historic occasion only all under 16’s can enter for free.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
luckyfour

Re: AFC R&D gear up for first competitive match

Post by luckyfour »

Have the ET been in touch about running a full front page on the ET tomorrow entitled "Watch Diamonds for £2 - no strings attached" ? ;)

Really looking forward to Thursday and I hope that some of the fans who haven't turned out to watch the lads yet do so - I think that they would be pleasantly surprised.
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

Agreed, the lads have improved no end in the last couple of weeks, and some of the football has been very good indeed.
It is a different atmosphere, but one which I am enjoying immensely, having a beer whist watching a game is not to be sniffed at 8-)
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

I'm totally gutted I won't be there for this historic moment, but my best wishes to the players and management for tomorrow - but also a massive well done to the Committee who have worked miracles over the past 2 months to get us to this stage, I'm sure tomorrow evening will be an emotional one for them.

I know there are lots of little jobs that need to be done on a matchday, so please, if any of you can spare a few minutes tomorrow (or at a future game) I'm sure any help you can give will be gratefully received.

Be loud and proud tomorrow - I've said it before and I'll say it again, Max Griggs' legacy isn't the cuckoos nest previously named Nene Park, its in the footballing community that has got AFC R&D off the ground - we have real heart and soul to our club - OUR club !! Sounds good doesn't it?

No matter what the score tomorrow it is the start of a new era and I'm so proud to be a part of it !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Touch & go for me to get there at the moment.
AFC R & D member number 34
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

Why? Has something happened Robin? Loving the new username :D
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by StaceyH »

We will only accept proper excuses for non attendance tomorrow ToD....so yours had better be good ;)
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Steve

Post by Steve »

Is it being recorded tomorrow?
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

yes thats the plan.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
supersub

Post by supersub »

I'm doubly excited because my husbands company is the very first matchball sponsor. How does it go, RD, lardy bloody dah :D