Pre-Season games....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sheriff1993

Re: Pre-Season games....

Post by sheriff1993 »

BartonRaz wrote:Should have gone to this game:

http://www.alfretontownfc.com/info/repo ... ?repID=501

:O Unbelievable Jeff :P
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Corby 1-1 Stevenage

Good game again. Infront of 450 fans.

Chris Beardsley was playing in central defence for Stevenage despite the fact they had quite a strong team out. He was also captain. Martin Keown was sat on the Stevenage bench in his finary so there might be a bit about the game on Football Focus on Saturday?

Matt Rhead for Corby, who scored, is a fantastic player. Worth the entrance fee on his own!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
DiamondCarvell

Post by DiamondCarvell »

BartonRaz wrote:Corby 1-1 Stevenage

Good game again. Infront of 450 fans.

Chris Beardsley was playing in central defence for Stevenage despite the fact they had quite a strong team out. He was also captain. Martin Keown was sat on the Stevenage bench in his finary so there might be a bit about the game on Football Focus on Saturday?

Matt Rhead for Corby, who scored, is a fantastic player. Worth the entrance fee on his own!
wasnt he the the fat bloke eastwood played upfront against us last season
We Love You, The Way You Play We Follow, Cos' We Support The Rushden and Diamonds Are Forever.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

BartonRaz wrote:
I agree. I thought he looked a bit of a Sunday Pub League player when he played against us at Nene Park last season but last evening he looked a very good front man, winning headers at will and showing good hold up play and he should form a good strike partnership with Nick Rogan who looked very busy.

The weak link for Corby, however, was Andy Burgess who apart from a decent cross in the first half went missing for large parts of the match and on that form I can't see him worth his place in Corby's team.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Trek wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:
I agree. I thought he looked a bit of a Sunday Pub League player when he played against us at Nene Park last season but last evening he looked a very good front man, winning headers at will and showing good hold up play and he should form a good strike partnership with Nick Rogan who looked very busy.

The weak link for Corby, however, was Andy Burgess who apart from a decent cross in the first half went missing for large parts of the match and on that form I can't see him worth his place in Corby's team.
He played very well against us for Eastwood in the replay last season. Did you go last week, Trek? He looked excellent then too and set up both the goals. He rejected Chesterfield and Mansfield to go to Corby as he didn't want to go full-time.

I also thought Corby's centre back was very good, the one that wasn't Gulliver. ;)

Agree about Burgess.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

BartonRaz wrote: Did you go last week, Trek? He looked excellent then too and set up both the goals.
Unfortunately I couldn't make it against Notts but I've seen the goals here.

http://www.corbytownfc.co.uk/corby-town-etv/