Are you happy now, Keith Cousins ?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
wewantourdarbyback

Re: Are you happy now, Keith Cousins ?

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Meant to post this, not Mail online

http://www.poppynet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11268 :cry:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by StaceyH »

Open that link at your own risk people :(
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
sheriff1993

Post by sheriff1993 »

:(
My childhood memories have been ruined - The fact that someone is going to be sitting in MY seat (just near the tunnel, De Banke side) next season supporting K*ttering just makes me feel so down :cry:
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

sheriff1993 wrote::(
My childhood memories have been ruined - The fact that someone is going to be sitting in MY seat (just near the tunnel, De Banke side) next season supporting K*ttering just makes me feel so down :cry:
Same. I've sat in the same seat for the last 11 years. :(

South Stand, Block SA, Row C, Seat 39.

I may not be there anymore but my arse is probably imprinted in the seat. ;)
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
mabbo

Post by mabbo »

This is the most surreal situation I can honestly remember. All of the emotions I have experienced in the walls of that stadium; the good, the bad, the bored, the ****ing angry....and now it says KTFC on the seats. I have made some fantastic friends since my first match as a six year old mascot. While that means absolutely nothing to those who have made this situation possible (and I would imagine that this extends beyond KC and the Beasants), I am not prepared to let the last 15 years become mere memories! All the best to those who are actively involved in setting up the new club. I would love to help as much as possible, but I am unsure of how feasible this is given my east coast location. You do however have my full support, I don't intend to spend all of my money at any other football club.
Arendee

Post by Arendee »

It's like some sort of zombie club. You approach Nene Park expecting to find the old friend you've known for years only to find this hideous beast now occupying the former's corpse. Hopefully as with all zombies the monster wont last long.

I for one will never put a penny towards anything the current owners or tenants of Nene Park do and will never support any activity they look to pursue in future. That's the only way I can move on.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

BartonRaz wrote:
sheriff1993 wrote::(
Same. I've sat in the same seat for the last 11 years. :(

South Stand, Block SA, Row C, Seat 39.

I may not be there anymore but my arse is probably imprinted in the seat. ;)
Just a few rows in front me, was in SA F34 for several season, will certainly miss sitting there :(
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

Formic wrote:I can't see why these have to be mutually exclusive.

I think it's essential we remember the good times at R&DFC, and how those were ended due to the incompetence / scheming etc of certain individuals - otherwise AFC Diamonds will have lost a vital foundation. Surely that's worth more than 5 minutes of reflection before "moving on". There's still scope for people to put in as much effort as they choose into building AFC Diamonds at the same time.
I agree Tony, they aren't mutually exclusive! But I refuse to let the people responsible for our sad demise make me feel any more miserable than they already have, if I allow them to do that then they have won, and I refuse to let them do that.

I do remember all the good times believe you me, thats why I truly believe AFC R&D will be a success, but mourning over the loss won't help us to meet the challenges of the future, and they are significant.

I despise the people who have done this to us, but they are so lacking in moral fibre that they won't care one jot what you or I think of them. I also feel let down by certain people who I thought better of.

At the end of the day Nene Park is just a pile of steel and bricks, its a building. The experiences and memories I have of my 17 years following the club will never leave me, I'll remember them fondly, but the ground itself is tainted now. They can take the ground away from me, but never my memories. If I allow myself to get too bitter about it then they will have won, and I don't respect them enough to allow them that. I hope and pray they get what they deserve someday, but people like that rarely do sadly.

Onwards as far as I'm concerned, I'll be looking forward, not back !! But the future will be built by learning from the mistakes of the past I hope.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Finedon DeBanker

Post by Finedon DeBanker »

I for one will have to drive past NP several times each week.
There will be no greater reminder how important the rise of AFC Rushden and Diamonds is than seeing that place.

I can't wait for the new season, and to be honest if we only ever stay in the UCL, I will love the fact that it is the next stop on our journey as a group of supporters. Bricks and mortar don't make a footbal club after all.
Stalin

Post by Stalin »