Possible new/first manager?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
coltrane

Re: Possible new/first manager?

Post by coltrane »

What do you see the budget roughly being then, ground rental, insurances, groundsman, manager, coaches, equipment, transport costs?
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Not in a position to comment. Would only be a guess if I did. But any player/manager we sign even at that level are going to want to be paid expenses at the very least. If we have any aspirations of getting promotion, we'll have to sign better players on more money.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
coltrane

Post by coltrane »

You are suggesting professional players, this looks like trying to run before we can walk kind of thing?
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

coltrane wrote:You are suggesting professional players, this looks like trying to run before we can walk kind of thing?
Where did you get that from? I've never heard of a professional player playing below BSN/BSS.

Do you think these players are unpaid just because they're not professional?! One of my mates was getting paid more than his expenses a year or so back for Wellingborough Town. Another mate of mine is on a three-figure weekly salary at a semi-pro/part-time club.

St Neots are a bit of an isolated case because they're throwing a bit of money about, but they paid 10k to sign Stefan Moore (ex-Villa) from Halesowen this time last year, and i doubt he was being paid peanuts!

coltrane

Post by coltrane »

Hang on let me get this right are you saying there are players who get paid but are not classed for some reason as professionals? I don't think that anyone playing for AFC Diamonds will get paid as we don't have the money, most people in this part of the world are struggling to pay their own mortgages without having the money to pay for someone else's.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

coltrane wrote:Hang on let me get this right are you saying there are players who get paid but are not classed for some reason as professionals? I don't think that anyone playing for AFC Diamonds will get paid as we don't have the money, most people in this part of the world are struggling to pay their own mortgages without having the money to pay for someone else's.
If we start getting in decent enough crowds, we'll be able to pay the better players at our level to come to us. Just like Chelski or ManC temp in World class players to join them
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

coltrane wrote:Hang on let me get this right are you saying there are players who get paid but are not classed for some reason as professionals? I don't think that anyone playing for AFC Diamonds will get paid as we don't have the money, most people in this part of the world are struggling to pay their own mortgages without having the money to pay for someone else's.
You are only classed as a professional footballer if you are at a professional club. In other words, a full-time club. There are literally thousands of players that are paid hundreds of pounds but are not professional footballers. Burton got promotion from the Blue Square Premier whilst they were part-time. AFC Wimbledon only turned professional a year ago. Under your theory they weren't paying their players before that.

There are part-time amateur players getting paid more than some of our professional players were last season.

I think this discussion is going to highlight to some people some of the initial problems AFC R&D will face. The club will need initial backing and funding from fans and local businesses in order to attract and pay their players. Once the season kicks off I imagine that money will be recouped fairly rapidly through strong gate receipts but until then we need to find backing from somewhere.

These players won't pay for free. Not even at that level.

alex_RDFC

Post by alex_RDFC »

BartonRaz wrote:
You are only classed as a professional footballer if you are at a professional club. In other words, a full-time club. There are literally thousands of players that are paid hundreds of pounds but are not professional footballers. Burton got promotion from the Blue Square Premier whilst they were part-time. AFC Wimbledon only turned professional a year ago. Under your theory they weren't paying their players before that.

There are part-time amateur players getting paid more than some of our professional players were last season.

I think this discussion is going to highlight to some people some of the initial problems AFC R&D will face. The club will need initial backing and funding from fans and local businesses in order to attract and pay their players. Once the season kicks off I imagine that money will be recouped fairly rapidly through strong gate receipts but until then we need to find backing from somewhere.

I played against Julian Joachim last season in the cup and he was a couple of levels below UCL on a wage rumoured to be about £150 a week. If you think that was just cos he's ex pro, actually a lot of the team were on a similar wage
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

An opportunity for Andy Burgess perhaps..?
He could write a column about it in one of the daily tabloids to pay for his wages... :D
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

BartonRaz wrote:The club will need initial backing and funding from fans and local businesses in order to attract and pay their players. Once the season kicks off I imagine that money will be recouped fairly rapidly through strong gate receipts but until then we need to find backing from somewhere.

Correct me if I'm wrong, you probably know more than me in regards to the situation, but, I thought that because RDFC is no more, the money that the supporters pledged/raised in order to save RDFC would be invested into the new club instead of trying to save the old one, as the money has no use for RDFC. If this is the case, how much money are we looking at and would it be enough to get the new club up and running?