im very sad

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rushdenrushden2

im very sad

Post by rushdenrushden2 »

My dad has said he will never go to RDFC agian as long as the people running it are still there :( ,but will go and watch a afc
Do you think he being fair
Stalin

Re: im very sad

Post by Stalin »

Absolutely fair.

That makes two of us, how many more feel the same?
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by StaceyH »

3 of us here feel exactly the same so that makes 5....Matt won't even talk R&DFC anymore :(
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

My dad said it when we had the problems in 2005. He's stuck by his word pretty much and only been 3 times since then - that's only because my gramp couldn't go and my sister didn't want to go alone..
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

Stalin wrote:Absolutely fair.

That makes two of us, how many more feel the same?
Yep.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Well the good news is if we win this appeal and manage to somehow stay in the BSP, the people 'running the club' will be gone! If your Dad actually means the person running Nene Park, then it's safe to say we've lost a fan, because I can't see that changing in the forseeable future.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

BartonRaz wrote:Well the good news is if we win this appeal and manage to somehow stay in the BSP, the people 'running the club' will be gone! If your Dad actually means the person running Nene Park, then it's safe to say we've lost a fan, because I can't see that changing in the forseeable future.
tbh i'm so sure we won't win the appeal, if we DO win the appeal i'll get a K*ttering tattoo on my face.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

mattreddan wrote: tbh i'm so sure we won't win the appeal, if we DO win the appeal i'll get a K*ttering tattoo on my face.
Fixed! :twisted: (Just in case a miracle happens).
RDFC4ever

Post by RDFC4ever »

Im Sorry but I do not believe we have the fan base to form a phoenix club that will last, unlike AFC wimbledon and FC United of Manchester, once the hype around the new club goes just like RDFC it will fail.

You can look at a club like Chorley FC who attract crowds between 1000 - 3000 a home game and they are in the Evo-Stick league and have not had much success (history wise) a RDFC phoenix club has no chance with a top following of a couple of hundred.

Please people wake up

My heart is with RDFC but I will not be following a phoenix club
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

RDFC4ever wrote:Im Sorry but I do not believe we have the fan base to form a phoenix club that will last, unlike AFC wimbledon and FC United of Manchester, once the hype around the new club goes just like RDFC it will fail.

You can look at a club like Chorley FC who attract crowds between 1000 - 3000 a home game and they are in the Evo-Stick league and have not had much success (history wise) a RDFC phoenix club has no chance with a top following of a couple of hundred.

Please people wake up

My heart is with RDFC but I will not be following a phoenix club
Why would you not follow a pheonix club?

If the first team had been relegated on merit to the UCL would you be so disloyal as to stop supporting?

No we won't have the massive gates and near garunteed immediate success that other pheonix sides have had, but playing in a ground that we can run from sustainably there is no reason why the club cannot be built up over time as a real community club.

In the UCL we could get from 500-1000 fans. It would make us one of the bigger sides able to have one of the better budgets in the league, to push for the top end of the table and success. Heck these gates would still put us in a reasonable position in the BSN/BSS should we get there. Price it right and it could be higher. We can really build a club with a long term future and community involvment.

No you are not garunteed success from large crowds, but Chorley will get promoted next season, after losing out to Chester this season. The fact they are at that level with those crowds means nothing. They haven't been there with those crowds for years (as best as I can tell anyway).