Match Thread?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BicesterDiamond

Re: Match Thread?

Post by BicesterDiamond »

What was the attendance? i wanted to be there today but sadly had to work. :(
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Membership No 36
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Today was fantastic. My memories of home games in this season will be that horrible run of 3 games (I think we got 3 draws) against boring, frustrating teams in February/March, but today was really good. From start to finish it was thoroughly entertaining, and contrary to my wrong assumption I made on Friday, I have to say the players gave their all, and were a credit to watch and support!

I so hope we make it through the summer. :(
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

What a lovely day. Sun shining, a great match, great tribute at half-time along with the Youth Team and Nabil and Aaron were fantastic together, Shariff absolutely bossed their backline! I watched Justin's hand movements as he was applauding the fans afterwards, I didn't see a wave, just a thumbs up... It's going to be a long, hard summer and I'm scared but I bought £30 worth of share and I hope other did the same along with season tickets. I hope that the commercial negotiations are fruitful and I hope to God that we can keep Justin and Aaron and Nabil and the others who have played so fantastically well through a season that we'll never forget. :)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

When we scored, there was a bit of pushing/punching between a few players near the halfway line. I noticed the referee and linesman were talking after the goal, so I'm assuming that way to get the right culprits. :)
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

BicesterDiamond wrote:What was the attendance? i wanted to be there today but sadly had to work. :(
1569, with I'd say about 400 away fans.

How I love last minute winners, feels so good and we didn't need it as much as them either! And really pleased to have such a positive end to the season to difficult season, super performance all round and we played some really good football at times today. Really hope we have Shariff for some time, he's got a lot of potential and could be our next 20 goal a season man and of course Azzer, never gives up, perhaps should have had a goal or 2 more today though.

Thought the ref was pretty decent today tbh apart from maybe a few controversial decisions at the end, can't see how Kiddy could have too many complaints really, seemed fair to me, probably just bitterness at failing to make the playoffs.

Hopefully this means we'll finish in the top half (forgetting any potential point deductions), which I have to say is very respectable in the circumstances.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Olly wrote:Hopefully this means we'll finish in the top half (forgetting any potential point deductions), which I have to say is very respectable in the circumstances.
Today's win lifts us more than 15 points above the drop zone as well, which, well you never know could be important if we had the -10 and -5 point deductions.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

As soon as the goal went in I looked over towards the Kiddy fans and saw a brawl happening on the halfway line. I'd assume the red card was something from that.

Was a great way to round of (at home at least) a frustrating season. If only we'd have played like that all season! Agree that Nabil Shariff was excellent all game, O'Connor worked extremely hard but he should have been going home with the matchball after missing 4 or 5 one-on-ones. If we hadn't have scored the late winner we'd certainly have kicked ourselves.

Generally though, thought everyone was outstanding today from front to back. Evans made some superb saves and the 3-5-2 worked brilliantly. Edinburgh said in the interview after the match that that formation was something they had been looking to try for a while but never had the fit personnel. Hard to pick particular players but Evans, Huke, Oshodi, Miller and Shariff were the pick of the bunch IMO.

Undoubtedly a great thing that today was so good, hopefully it will change the minds of a few players who would have been looking to leave.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

Diamond Warrior wrote:
Olly wrote:Hopefully this means we'll finish in the top half (forgetting any potential point deductions), which I have to say is very respectable in the circumstances.
Today's win lifts us more than 15 points above the drop zone as well, which, well you never know could be important if we had the -10 and -5 point deductions.
Was thinking the same, we'd currently only be a point above the drop zone but above the team in 4th bottom and 3 teams above the drop zone as well so I think we would be ok if that were to be the case
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Also thought Power had a decent game, just a few wayward passes. Seemed to have a better run of the midfield with no Mills or Porter, who i have to say, we did'nt miss today!
sheriff1993

Post by sheriff1993 »

Great end to possibly my final Rushden game (University next year). Shariff was very good again and chased everything and deserved his MotM award.

What was there player red carded for, because from what I saw of the aftermath it looked like he spoke to some Tamworth players and then went to red card the guy afterwards? :shock:

Great performance again by the lads - the 3-5-2 formation worked quite well IMO aswell :P