No Dealings

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Basil

Re: No Dealings

Post by Basil »

Please no more rumours, haven't we had enough of that this last few days/weeks? :!:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

O ye of little faith i have some very good inside sources , it may not come to anything if he does not shape up, wait and see, i don,t know anymore than that myself
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

You didn't happen to see this defender in Waitrose did you? ;)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

UttoDiamond wrote:The Dale rumour was very very very wrong wasn't it? So whoever made that bullshit up should be very embarrassed. Someone putting 2+2 together and getting about 15 i think. Shame if Rachel Roberts really did tell his sponsers eh? Or if that more bullshit from a shit-stirrer?

I wish people would think before they post! :roll:
http://www.journallive.co.uk/newcastle- ... -25739700/
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

davealbon wrote:
UttoDiamond wrote:The Dale rumour was very very very wrong wasn't it? So whoever made that bullshit up should be very embarrassed. Someone putting 2+2 together and getting about 15 i think. Shame if Rachel Roberts really did tell his sponsers eh? Or if that more bullshit from a shit-stirrer?

I wish people would think before they post! :roll:
http://www.journallive.co.uk/newcastle- ... -25739700/
That article provides more questions for me! Why did we agree to sell Dale for 20k??? I would have thought he was worth more than that tbh!
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

In the ET and on the the OS Justin Says:

"...we had an enquiry for Dale Roberts from Gateshead that was rejected so I'm delighted to have kept my squad together and we can draw a line under the transfer deadline and push forward in the last twenty odd games now, going into the end of the season."

http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/NewsD ... 58,00.html

I found this on http://www.heedarmy.co.uk/

"A deal had been agreed for Rushden and Diamonds Horden born goalkeeper Dale Roberts. However, this signing was dependent on Rushden getting a replacement in, they were linked to Cambridge's Danny Potter. Unfortuantely the transfer chain has broken down and Paul Cavell's record transfer will still stand come 5pm."

Potter is out of contract in the summer but presumably Cambridge would want some cash for letting him go mid-season....who knows what the truth is!
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

I would guess that Dale will leave in the summer if we do not get promoted, and Potter would probably be the first choice to come in. However, if we do go up, then i guess things will be much different. I doubt Dale would want to leave if we do...
coltrane

Post by coltrane »

For a selling club which we must be in our present situation this is bad news, get young players in spot their potential develop them and sell at a profit is the way forward if we are to keep solvent. The production line keeps rolling but we will have to wait to sell the products. The transfer window will be the death of small clubs it's a complete restriction of trade. :lol:
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

coltrane wrote:For a selling club which we must be in our present situation this is bad news, get young players in spot their potential develop them and sell at a profit is the way forward if we are to keep solvent. The production line keeps rolling but we will have to wait to sell the products. The transfer window will be the death of small clubs it's a complete restriction of trade. :lol:
I agree to an extent, but a balance must be made between making a profit from selling players, which we undoubtedly must do, and league progression, which should bring greater financial stability. For example, although considerably bigger, Crystal Palace must do a similar thing. THey have sold Moses for less than they would have received had they not been in administration, but they must also consider that if they sell everyone, the only way is down. This is something we must consider, although it is made a lot easier if no-one bids!!!!
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

Do we really think that £20k is a fair valuation of Roberts?

Factors to consider:

Dale may well leave in the summer anyway.
Potter would cost money (in January).
Potter's wage would undoubtedly be higher than Dale's.
Dale has more resale potential and if we did manage to sign him up, this may be realised to a much greater extent in future.

Weighing up all those options, I would have turned down the bid myself. Having said that there may be personal reasons to consider which we have no idea about - e.g. Dale being homesick.