Luton Match Thread

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Harry

Re: Luton Match Thread

Post by Harry »

Mad Dog wrote:
Dukes wrote:The players gave every thing tonight and a draw would have been a fair result.
Good to see Justin play a variation on 4-4-2 and it almost paid off - I don't expect to see this in the future, when with more players at his disposal, he will return to his beloved formation, but it was great to see some wing play tonight.

On a different note, I know the club has to maximise such games but it was annoying at times to be sitting with Luton fans in the North Stand - still better than losing the stand altogther as in last season's fixture so I suppose I shouldn't grumble.. :roll:
Actually those clowns are likely the ones on the ticket system which we can't root out since we've got fans in the same areas and it would take a VERY long time to go through and cross reference with Luton's database (if they agreed to do so, but why should they?).

Luton fans were only given the AirWair. Had they known they were Luton fans, they would not have been sold tickets.
The Luton fans in the corner of the North Stand near the Debanke were ushered by stewards into the box behind the stand at half time and full time.
I'm pretty sure they were well aware of them!
Diamond down South.
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

Harry wrote:
Mad Dog wrote:
Dukes wrote:The players gave every thing tonight and a draw would have been a fair result.
Good to see Justin play a variation on 4-4-2 and it almost paid off - I don't expect to see this in the future, when with more players at his disposal, he will return to his beloved formation, but it was great to see some wing play tonight.

On a different note, I know the club has to maximise such games but it was annoying at times to be sitting with Luton fans in the North Stand - still better than losing the stand altogther as in last season's fixture so I suppose I shouldn't grumble.. :roll:
Actually those clowns are likely the ones on the ticket system which we can't root out since we've got fans in the same areas and it would take a VERY long time to go through and cross reference with Luton's database (if they agreed to do so, but why should they?).

Luton fans were only given the AirWair. Had they known they were Luton fans, they would not have been sold tickets.
The Luton fans in the corner of the North Stand near the Debanke were ushered by stewards into the box behind the stand at half time and full time.
What about the one sat on his own by the half way line (North Stand) that when I gave him a bit of stick I got a load of verbal. Then when I said if you want to behave like a thug go and sit in the away end with the rest of them, cue more verbal and "I live in Irthlingborough" as if that makes a difference.
AFC R&D Membership No 283
Harry

Post by Harry »

Mat.H wrote:
Harry wrote:
Mad Dog wrote: Actually those clowns are likely the ones on the ticket system which we can't root out since we've got fans in the same areas and it would take a VERY long time to go through and cross reference with Luton's database (if they agreed to do so, but why should they?).

What about the one sat on his own by the half way line (North Stand) that when I gave him a bit of stick I got a load of verbal. Then when I said if you want to behave like a thug go and sit in the away end with the rest of them, cue more verbal and "I live in Irthlingborough" as if that makes a difference.
Oh i'm not for one second denying the presence of fans like that.
My post was more in distaste at the fact that the club seemed to be looking after fans in the wrong stand, as in the case I mentioned.
Although I guess because they were using the boxes they were bringing money to the club.
Diamond down South.
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by real diamond »

I am surprised the club did not charge to park in the A6 car parks like last season, the place was packed with cars,

last season the youth team players stood on each enterance and charged £3 with no roadside parking allowed.

for those of us who park there week in week out it would have not been a problem to pay as normally we park free in every other home game.

maybe with change of ownership it just was not thought about, shame as revenue lost
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

Well for what it's worth, I was sat next to a group Luton fans in the North Stand and they were all a decent lot. The bastards nicked my season ticket seats but they just prove that for every 1 dickhead, there'll be about 4 decent folk.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Harry wrote:
Mad Dog wrote:

Then. That does not mean when they sold them the boxes that they knew they were Luton fans.
Pretty much illustrates the problem.
nick_RDFC

Post by nick_RDFC »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmRMKsNE ... re=related

For anyone that didn't see the shot the should have put us level in the second half, good save tho..
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

From what my wife told me the Luton fans in the Air Wair were very well behaved , a great contrast on last year thank good ness. Whilst walking a way at the end with Pigman we did get one plder aggresive idiot shout at us Rushden were crap which i thought was a joke
evo-rdfc

Post by evo-rdfc »

Money's interview on the BBC is a joke was he at the same game as us?
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

ALL Luton fans are tossers. Its a well known FACT. Shit support for their numbers aswel, nothing absolutely nothing compared to the likes of oxford and cambridges' away support. The most arrogant, thick wankers Ive ever met, and thats the nicer ones. Hope they rot in non-league for a long time. The most underacheieving team in the country.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.