RDFC 2-2 Southport, Att 1061

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Re: RDFC 2-2 Southport, Att 1061

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

Luton are going to destroy us, that is all.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 154 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I don't agree that Luton will give us a pasting. I think we'll lift our game against better opposition, and as has already been said, we struggle to break down teams like Southport, Hayes and Forest Green that come with no intention of playing football. That won't be the case on tuesday.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

I know we do usually raise our game for the bigger teams, but with nothing to really play for and injuries to key players I just can't see where the goals are going to come from (Is Cowan-Hall likely to return on Tuesday BTW?) Although we did score two yesterday they were what I would say "Jammy" goals.

I think we'll create the odd chance, but nobody will be there to finish. A victory by two or three goals for Luton I think.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 56 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

BartonRaz wrote:I don't agree that Luton will give us a pasting. I think we'll lift our game against better opposition, and as has already been said, we struggle to break down teams like Southport, Hayes and Forest Green that come with no intention of playing football. That won't be the case on tuesday.
I think your right. I remember at the start of the season we started poorly and managed to beat Wimbledon at home, after they had begun the season with a near perfect record. So maybe a different approach on Tuesday night, but it's still gunna be tough
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

Luton have a number of key players out. Pilkington, Gleeson, Murray, Lawless and Gnakpa will not play.

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:I don't agree that Luton will give us a pasting. I think we'll lift our game against better opposition, and as has already been said, we struggle to break down teams like Southport, Hayes and Forest Green that come with no intention of playing football. That won't be the case on tuesday.
I think your right. I remember at the start of the season we started poorly and managed to beat Wimbledon at home, after they had begun the season with a near perfect record. So maybe a different approach on Tuesday night, but it's still gunna be tough
Agrred. I'd also argue we were the better the team on that day.

Our inconsistency makes us unpredictable. We could end up beating Luton and Wimbledon, but then draw Histon (not in that order).

Luton's form of late is looking quite bad. If we play like did against Southport, we should fear the worst, however I don't believe we will play like that against Luton. The players need to look within themselves, get the memories of the past few weeks out of their heads and go out there to prove a point.

If anything, we're better off (the players and the fans by making an atmosphere) going down fighting for the rest of the season.
davealbon
Has Liked: 10 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

godber wrote:On a note about the game,its good to see good ole Dave is still a psycho when the ref goesnt give us the decision :mrgreen:
:lol: As long as there are incompetent buffoons ruining our football matches, I'll be there to remind them what utterly pathetic excuses for human beings they really are! ;)

What can I say, I have lots of pent up anger and it's not healthy to keep it bottled up! :lol:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297