RDFC 2-2 Southport, Att 1061

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Re: RDFC 2-2 Southport, Att 1061

Post by BartonRaz »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote: I wouldnt mind playing Sharif/Woolley instead of Farrel now and build for the future like Corby are!
I wish Farrell would stop masquerading as a footballer. It's painful to watch. Never seen Brennan or Woolley but give me a bit of youthful exuberance over Farrell anyday.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
godber

Post by godber »

Today was my first game since K*ttering at home,I finally managed to get some money together for it :D

On a note about the game,its good to see good ole Dave is still a psycho when the ref goesnt give us the decision :mrgreen:

Their first goal was a defo pen I think

Justins trousers were vert tight :shock:

The burgers are better than I remember

and the game on a whole was pretty much what I was expecting it to be & a draw was fair
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

That was pile of steaming turd today !! Looking at Justin's body languare, he was just as pissed off as I was. I think he sat in the dugout with arms folded for most of the first half.........does he know something we don't???????

Sure we had players out etc, but there were some dreadful performances out there today !!

I really can't be bothered to post anything about the game, the players couldn't be arsed to turn up today, so I can't to even talk about it. I tell you what, Luton will "rip us a new one" if we play like that on Tuesday, it could be very painful.

Note to the players - even if you think the play-offs are beyond us now, play for some pride in the remaining games, because you showed little of it today - you're better than that !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

BartonRaz wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote: I wouldnt mind playing Sharif/Woolley instead of Farrel now and build for the future like Corby are!
I wish Farrell would stop masquerading as a footballer. It's painful to watch. Never seen Brennan or Woolley but give me a bit of youthful exuberance over Farrell anyday.
The difference between Gash and Farrell was very obvious today.
It's a shame the emergency loan embargo is still on because with O'Connor out for the rest of the season we look sparse up front.
On the bright side it might mean the players get to practise 4-4-2 for next season... :lol:
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

I may get some flak for saying this but was it just me or was the DeBanke absolutely disgraceful in it's silence. The performance doesn't inspire, true, but it was quiet from prior to KO onwards.

It's one of my biggest criticisms this season, we've been far too quiet on terraces, far more than usual, even in games when we've played or been playing well.
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

Mad Dog wrote:I may get some flak for saying this but was it just me or was the DeBanke absolutely disgraceful in it's silence. The performance doesn't inspire, true, but it was quiet from prior to KO onwards.

It's one of my biggest criticisms this season, we've been far too quiet on terraces, far more than usual, even in games when we've played or been playing well.
I agree but the thing I noticed is that even when they do sing, its a group of 30 or so and no more. I stood on the DeBanke for the first half of this season and people just seem scared to sing if they're not stood in the middle..
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Mad Dog wrote:I may get some flak for saying this but was it just me or was the DeBanke absolutely disgraceful in it's silence. The performance doesn't inspire, true, but it was quiet from prior to KO onwards.

I was in the South stand, and deffo heard some singing second half. First half was quiet, but it did improve once the team started to push for the equaliser and winner. The sparse crowd was scary from where I was, and the sun was awful to see in. It was a hesitant display, from what looked like a cobbled together team at times. On a positive note, we did get a response when going behind. Our team still looks like it's waiting for something to happen, rather than taking the game by the scruff of the neck. It looks like it's reacting to situations instead of taking control.
On the plus side the chilli con carne was great.
AFC R & D member number 34
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

As I'm getting old I decided to venture into the North Stand yesterday to watch the game - the sparseness of the crowd is far more visible from there. The PDB was very quiet yesterday, but then again there was nothing on the field to get them going? The only time they sang was when the players did something on the field !!!!! Its the old argument, do players provide the spark to the players, or the players to the crowd?

I just get the feeling the club is limping towards the end of the season and hoping things will improve next season - Justin looked like a man who knew the play-offs were gone (probably for sure with the 5 point deduction the clowns in the Conference hand out like Smarties to clubs struggling to survive).

Onwards to Tuesday and a much higher tempo of game which does seem to suit us more - yesterday's s l o w pace didn't, I'm guessing the only word to describe that game is turgid !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

What with Lu'un, Wrexham & Kiddy left to come at home, and with those teams in the play-off spots, all we can ask is that we get a few more away fans.
AFC R & D member number 34
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

At least the play off chasing teams will come here trying to win the games, which should mean more entertainment. The Southport keeper seemed to be time wasting in the first 5 minutes :roll:
Mind you if we don't improve a lot on yesterday L***n will stuff us.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101