2011/2012 season tickets

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Re: 2011/2012 season tickets

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Trek wrote:Those prices don't make a season ticket very attractive, in particular for standing on the De Banke. :(

Might as well just pay on the day next season.
It's the Conference directive that's forced the club to do this ;) . Well, that's what we were told last season. I'm thrilled, I'll be paying about the same (and the club gets more money if you decide to spread the cost over 23 games) from hopefully increased attendances cos the pricing system is fairer.
AFC R & D member number 34
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Two of Diamonds wrote: I'm thrilled, I'll be paying about the same (and the club gets more money if you decide to spread the cost over 23 games) from hopefully increased attendances cos the pricing system is fairer.
If you had a season ticket last season, how will you be paying the same?

How can any pricing system be fairer when you are charged the same to stand behind the goal on the terrace as a seat at the side of the pitch? Cue Pigman.

I can see a drop in season ticket sales. Might as well pay on the day and have a seat with a better view as well.
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

I have had a season ticket for the past few years, but I think I may pass this year, assuming I stay as a concession then the hike from last years ticket price if I buy early is £89 extra. I know it was artifically low due to the lower prices for standing, but I feel as a club we need to get back to that. We need to get the conference to change their rules on this, cite precident that it is against FL rules for standing to not cost less than seating. This is a matter for the conference AGM.

The only other thing we could do is designate the four corner blocks of the stands as "cheap seats" due to a poorer view of the ground. This way home fans would get to sit for the reduced price too, though this could negatively affect the clubs income. That said it could have a positive effect, as the corner blocks of home fans that would be affected would be those closer to the terrace - closer to the areas of higher atmosphere. Better atmosphere could happen as these blocks will more than likely sell out (those that want to sit would prefer to do it cheaply, and the number will be very limited) meaning we have a higher density of fans close to the terrace, able to add to the noise.

The Airwair could still be priced at the normal rate so long as all away followings have the option of buying tickets for the corner when the airwair is open to them. Then they are not discriminated against. Sorry if I am covering old ground here, but does anyone know if this option has been investigated?

A comparison. Attending every home league game (which is all a season ticket covers):
Adult: 15*23=£345
Concession: 11*23=£253
U16: 6*23=£138

So the savings are (earliest/latest)
Adult - £45(3 games)/£15 (1 game)
Concession - £33(3 games)/£13 (1 game + £2)
U16 - £23(3games +£5)/£8 (1 game +£2)

So there is decent value in the U16 getting it early and saving nearly 4 games worth, especially when you consider most U16's interested will be travelling a short distance and are less likely to miss games due to travelling problems etc.

I think one of the worst things about this is we cut ourselves out of the option to offer bulk ticket deals, such as buying 5 tickets for games you name (as opposed to flexible tickets for any game which leave the club open to the possibility of accidentally overselling a game and people being unable to get in. OK practically not going to happen, but just in case) and saving a fiver (£1/game) as an incentive to do it. This would work out as better value over 4 blocks of 5 games than a season ticket without having to commit to game you might not be able to make too.

From a personal stand point, I don't know what I will be doing next year yet so I couldn't buy at the early price if I wanted to, however even if I had everything sorted already I would probably not.

Oh and I agree we will see a reduction in season ticket sales.

Edit: and no renewal discounts either, a massive own goal IMO, these sort of loyalty discounts every year are a good incentive to buy a season ticket if you know they are coming around every year. You know you will get a saving in the future so it encourages you to look to the long term and follow the club more avidly.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

I'll be buying one for De Banke regardless, but these prices will have a considerable negative impact on the number of terrace season tickets. £210 (I think) this season to £300 next season is a huge rise and a lot of people will refuse to pay it.

I think £300 was what the North/South stand tickets cost last season, so a figure somewhere between the two prices would have been a lot more attractive. I hope I'm wrong, but I think the club have scored a bit of an own goal here (awful pun intended).
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

I want to be able to stand in the middle at the back of the Airwair, I wanna jump, shout and swear my head off, with 50 or so roudy supporters in a designating singing area. If anyone is seen not singing, a forfeit is required, like streaking onto the pitch at half time. (this will be allowed)

I want the bar under the airwair to sell cheap larger. (£2 a pint is fine.) With the option of plastic glasses so they can be taken into the stand.

It will be £10 to get in for everyone, whether your 6, 26, or 86 or in a wheelchair.

Food will be sold by/stolen from a fat kid who brings it up to ya.

This will increase attendances, and thats a fact. Not asking for much.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by StaceyH »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote:I want to be able to stand in the middle at the back of the Airwair, I wanna jump, shout and swear my head off, with 50 or so roudy supporters in a designating singing area. If anyone is seen not singing, a forfeit is required, like streaking onto the pitch at half time. (this will be allowed)

I want the bar under the airwair to sell cheap larger. (£2 a pint is fine.) With the option of plastic glasses so they can be taken into the stand.

It will be £10 to get in for everyone, whether your 6, 26, or 86 or in a wheelchair.

LMAO....quality post :)
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

I won't be buying a season ticket next year. I only got to about 18/19 games home games this year (providing I attend the rest) so doesn't really represent good value for money.
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote:I want to be able to stand in the middle at the back of the Airwair, I wanna jump, shout and swear my head off, with 50 or so roudy supporters in a designating singing area. If anyone is seen not singing, a forfeit is required, like streaking onto the pitch at half time. (this will be allowed)

Well said. I love doing forfeits though!

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

StuartRDFC wrote:

Well said. I love doing forfeits though!

We know, you proved this when you turned up to the most anti-english pub in north Wales, in nothing but a england shirt, leotard and a goat mask.

Stuart
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cracking day that was!

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."