Grimsby match thread

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
brads27

Re: Grimsby match thread

Post by brads27 »

Yeah when you look at the footage on there it does look really bad. But I was there and you could see a lot better than that. That makes it look like the decision was justified when it wasn't!
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

brads27 wrote:http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/page/Ne ... 87,00.html

Highlights on their website.
They forgot to take the lens cap off ;)
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

DiamondsR4ever wrote:
brads27 wrote:http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/page/Ne ... 87,00.html

Highlights on their website.
Also as the film progresses you can clearly see that the fog starts to lift and visibility improves.
I couldn't see that. Looked terrible.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

What goes around comes around. We've just gotta man up, go back there and stuff 'um.
Which we will.

Our fans that travelled MUST be compensated in some form.

I believe that their player who was sent off, MUST be suspended for the game against us.

I think that these two things must happen in order to go some way towards it being fairer.

Another thing we can learn from this, is that if there is a chance of fog, take the yellow kit! looked like it gave us a big advantage over what was essentially a grey coloured grimsby kit, without taking anything away from the lads performance!
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
brads27

Post by brads27 »

I'm sure the player will be suspended as for us fans being compensated it won't happen, although they clearly pressured the ref into calling it off the weather is nobody's fault, although our entry to the re-arranged game should be free at the very least!
TwinkleToesTomlin
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Yeah I'll know he'll be suspended, but it looks as if he'll be suspended against Gateshead, not us. So wheres our rightful advantage?? Thats what I mean, there was only 29 away supporters so it wouldnt break the bank to let them in for free next time round. They must feel some sort of guilt, especially with their chairmen's 'influence'.

Im saying this and I didnt even go by the way!
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
brads27

Post by brads27 »

Your spot on it's not going to cost Grimsby much to let all 29 of us in for free at the re-arranged game, because when were there were likely to buy programmes, burgers ,coffee etc and so they'll get money off us anyway!
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

The stewards were morons anyway. They just gave us a piece of paper, with a signature on, and told us too show it when we come back, and we'll be allowed in for free.

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
brads27

Post by brads27 »

I know that ridiculous scrap of paper with a scribbled signature on it! When I went to the ticket office with that they were like, whats that?. Stewards weren't very helpful and had no idea what the procedure was in terms of refunds/new ticket for the re-arranged game.
Diamond_ Wolf
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote:What goes around comes around. We've just gotta man up, go back there and stuff 'um.
Which we will.

Our fans that travelled MUST be compensated in some form.

I believe that their player who was sent off, MUST be suspended for the game against us.

I think that these two things must happen in order to go some way towards it being fairer.

Another thing we can learn from this, is that if there is a chance of fog, take the yellow kit! looked like it gave us a big advantage over what was essentially a grey coloured grimsby kit, without taking anything away from the lads performance!
The player that got sent off (Kempson i think) was a bag of shit and it would do us a favour if he played in the re-arranged game. It will be a disgrace if they attempt to charge us away fans when the game is played again but there chairman is a C*** so no doubt that will be the case :evil:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56