Match Thread

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
nick_RDFC

Re: Match Thread

Post by nick_RDFC »

Have to say that match was fuckin boring!, why do we always do useless against bottom of the table sides?
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Looked as if we struggled with the wet conditions, poor passing and lack of control. Hayes were nothing special, but did work hard without any real quality, something we seem to struggle again i.e. Gateshead, Tamworth, Altrincham. Could'nt blame the ref today, he gave us more free-kicks thasn we usually warrant, but they were pretty much wasted at times. Fair result but a victory is now required on Tuesday to get back on track!
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Sara Pascoe wrote:Hopefully today's performance will kill off any play-off talk.
Call me crazy but all the results today mean we're as we were before the game, the only exception being Darlington getting above us on goal difference.

I believe we need a few more bodies back. There's not much JE can do to change it at the moment.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

oliv272 wrote:How did he react?
Stormed off, slapped O'Connors attempt of a handshake, straight down the tunnel took his shirt off.

Tbf, I think Porter went and spoke with him and he came back about 10 mins later...
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Today was frustrating but not that bad. Conditions were poor but I thought we did alright till the goal, created chances etc!

Gash should have won it at the end if he'd thrown himself at it.

Power needs to learn to take free-kicks, Miller should be a starter every week, and Huke was fantastic against a poor Louis.
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

Did we even have an attempt on goal in the second half? :|
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 146 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Mad Dog wrote:
Sara Pascoe wrote:Hopefully today's performance will kill off any play-off talk.
Call me crazy but all the results today mean we're as we were before the game, the only exception being Darlington getting above us on goal difference.
Gladly. With our remaining games we HAD to win today in my opinion. If we can't put teams like that to the sword at home we don't deserve to be in the play-offs.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by oliv272 »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
oliv272 wrote:How did he react?
Stormed off, slapped O'Connors attempt of a handshake, straight down the tunnel took his shirt off.

Tbf, I think Porter went and spoke with him and he came back about 10 mins later...
Stupid behavior, if he doesn't grow out of that sort of thing he will never make it at watford? ( correct me if it isn't watford he came from)
FuriousHoon / Ollie
diamond.jack99

Post by diamond.jack99 »

im slightly annoyed at this as i rushed from football especially to see this, in the first half we played alright, gash and o'connor played well and ran everywhere they could. There goal was stupid and the guy should of been closed down. Oshodi shouldnt have reacted the way he did
Steve

Post by Steve »

BartonRaz wrote:
Mad Dog wrote:
Gladly. With our remaining games we HAD to win today in my opinion. If we can't put teams like that to the sword at home we don't deserve to be in the play-offs.
Agree.

We have now dropped points at home to 5 current bottom half teams, out of 10 games I think.

The most frustrating thing I found today was a lack of urgency. I can understand it in the first half but even at the end certain players were just jogging and didn't seem to care.

I'd also like to know what exactly Farrell has done to even warrant a place on the bench. This may be controversial but I think he is useless, the 2 he has scored this season were made for him. I would rather see Sharif come on.