Dale Roberts going

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: Dale Roberts going

Post by Mad Dog »

Lets ignore this, unless something appears on the OS or somewhere more credible. We won 6-1 today, lets bask in that and not in what may or may not happen. :)
Basil

Post by Basil »

Why did he throw his gloves into the crowd after the game today then?????

Seems like a farewell gesture to me :cry:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
Harry

Post by Harry »

Basil wrote:Why did he throw his gloves into the crowd after the game today then?????

Seems like a farewell gesture to me :cry:

really???

But why? I mean, if it were to a League 2 club I'd understand, but Gateshead? Surely we aren't THAT desperate for cash? If we are, then I fear for our future. :?
Diamond down South.
straydiamond

Post by straydiamond »

So why has Daryl Clare gone to Gateshead?? And for that matter why did he come to us?? I would suggest both moves were directly for money, so is such a move really that difficult to understand? I think there is a bit of money there, and they may be using it to shore up the defence to stay up this season.

Really hope not. Would make losing Abbey seem a bit careless.
Harry

Post by Harry »

straydiamond wrote: Would make losing Abbey seem a bit careless.

It would be more than careless, it'd be suicidal. :(
Diamond down South.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 146 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Gateshead have got a bit of money knocking about. I think their chairman is fairly confident of league football in the near future, they have gone full time, and they have a new very big stadium in the offing.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

Reading the Gateshead forum it seems that they don't particularly need Dale so I can't see the rumour being true tbh, I suppose it's possible he may move as he's a very good and promising keeper but I hardly think he'll be going backwards to Gateshead.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 146 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Gateshead keeper had a mare against Luton last weekend according to a mate of mine that was at the game.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

I too heard this, on the coach on the way back from the game today. Unfortunately the source on this occasion was Rachel Roberts - quite a reliable one I would think! I thought for a second when he threw his gloves into the crowd that it might be a farewell gesture, then immediately dismissed that thought, but in light of this rumour (and although I have no reason to doubt it, it is still a rumour at the moment) it does seem likely that he's played his last game for us.

As for the reasons why, Dale and his girlfriend are both from the North East, so may be looking to move back closer to home. £20k in the current market is a decent sum of money, and if we can bring someone in with a similar level of ability to Dale, either on a free or end of season loan, then you'd have to say it's good business for the club, especially with Tomlin, Jacko and Osano all apparently not going anywhere at the moment. I think Dale is a very promising young 'keeper, but he's not had the best of seasons so far, and I'm sure there are some good potential replacements out there.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
MEMAN53

Post by MEMAN53 »

Could it be that Nathan Abbey may return.

As I understand it Nathan is on a non contract basis at the scum.

Lets kill two birds with one stone, replace Dale with Nathan and leave the scum with a crippled old keeper.