Sports, jokes, news and general waffle.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: Football Manager 2011

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

StuartRDFC wrote:
diamondgeezer1 wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote:Just purchased my copy on zavvi.com for £15, what is a bit of a bargain.
Just started life at RDFC and strangly enough i've signed a couple of freebies that folk have recommened on here, before i even read it. Only gone through pre-season so far and seem to be scoring alot.
If anybody recommends any decent freebies or loans let me know, as the transfer budget is somewhat on the skint level!
The second season is harder, its literally impossible to sign the players to new deals, for me anyway.. so end up losing half the squad :cry:
Poor Management.

Stuart
Not really Stuart, doesn't help that the budget is crap.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
wynocki

Post by wynocki »

FM 10 related......

Been playing these games for years and decided a couple of months ago to start a new campaign on FY10.
Started with R&D but with fictional names to try and stop me buying all the same players!!

Well bugger me if i haven't won back to back promotions all the way to the premiership. I've got this 433 high defensive line and quick tempo formation that just nails the opposition. I haven't cheated once, no money making friendly's and no second human manager to sell my players for ridiculous fees.

I made it to the championship with no money to expand the stadium and i think the most i spent on a plyer was 75k. Finished 2nd in the championship last night with and average attendance of 6441(capacity) and a weekly wage bill of 45k. Best player was valued at 700k and he was an amazing youth pull.

A few very good free transfers and loan signings has me winning 65% of matches....... :shock:

So......promotion to the premiership suddenly gets me £26m tv rights and the chairman has only gone a started building a new stadium. 17,000 capacity and sold nene park for 1.5m. SOLD NENE PARK..the cheek!

I started the championship with 13k to spend, yes £13000....start this season with £14.3 million!!!

Oh who do i spend it on!! (which with fictional names actually makes even more interesting).

So....FY10 strategy for sale......POA. :D

VW
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

wynocki wrote:FM 10 related......

Been playing these games for years and decided a couple of months ago to start a new campaign on FY10.
Started with R&D but with fictional names to try and stop me buying all the same players!!

Well bugger me if i haven't won back to back promotions all the way to the premiership. I've got this 433 high defensive line and quick tempo formation that just nails the opposition. I haven't cheated once, no money making friendly's and no second human manager to sell my players for ridiculous fees.

I made it to the championship with no money to expand the stadium and i think the most i spent on a plyer was 75k. Finished 2nd in the championship last night with and average attendance of 6441(capacity) and a weekly wage bill of 45k. Best player was valued at 700k and he was an amazing youth pull.

A few very good free transfers and loan signings has me winning 65% of matches....... :shock:

So......promotion to the premiership suddenly gets me £26m tv rights and the chairman has only gone a started building a new stadium. 17,000 capacity and sold nene park for 1.5m. SOLD NENE PARK..the cheek!

I started the championship with 13k to spend, yes £13000....start this season with £14.3 million!!!

Oh who do i spend it on!! (which with fictional names actually makes even more interesting).

So....FY10 strategy for sale......POA. :D

VW
Fancy a medal?
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

When is the update coming out?

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Started a game with Eastwood after the FA Trophy games.

First season - Lost play-off final in BSN
Second season - Won BSN and FA Trophy
Third season - Won BSP play-off final
Fourth season - Lost League 2 play-off semi.

Just started 5th season.

If your starting a lower league game MAKE SURE you make the irish and scottish leagues playable. I can recommend you shit loads of players.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

BartonRaz wrote:Started a game with Eastwood after the FA Trophy games.

Just started 5th season.

If your starting a lower league game MAKE SURE you make the irish and scottish leagues playable. I can recommend you shit loads of players.
4 seasons in a month, is that even possible?! :shock:
ID

Post by ID »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:Started a game with Eastwood after the FA Trophy games.

Just started 5th season.

4 seasons in a month, is that even possible?! :shock:
It is if you're a student, even more so if you have essays due. ;)

I did about 3 seasons in a couple of weeks once, purely because I was writing essays pretty much all day on my laptop and needed a break every now and then :D Finished each season by losing the play-off final, though :roll: :lol:

Talking of the Irish league, I've said it before but it's true - if you want a challenge, start with an Irish team. Nearly impossible to attract good players, and incredibly hard to qualify for Europe. My biggest achievement in any game was getting Galway United into the Europa League group stages - we got mauled by every team, but it was the first time any Irish team has ever qualified for any European group stage in history ;)
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

My housemate has racked up 60 hours in 2 weeks. I've done 85 in a month.

ID - I started a game with Tobermore Utd on 2010, only FM game i've ever been sacked in. Impossible.

Rdfc91

Post by Rdfc91 »

First Season: Won the Conference and the Fa Trophy.
Second Season: Finished 2nd in League Two.
Third Season: Won League One.
Fourth Season: Currently sitting 5th in the Championship after 20 games.

My highest earner is Andy Johnson on 4k a week!

The only players i've got left are Matty Johnson (quality, probably my best player and worth 500k!) and Curtis Osano!

Taking Rushden to the Premiership........
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

I signed Matt Johnson for Eastwood in 3rd season. Great stats but awful ratings.