Eastbourne Game OFF

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Eastbourne Game OFF

Post by oliv272 »

Understandable I doubt the players feel like playing at the moment.
http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/NewsD ... 82,00.html
FuriousHoon / Ollie
ID

Re: Eastbourne Game OFF

Post by ID »

The right option - I don't think either the players or fans are up for a game at the moment.

The next game is against Luton on Boxing Day, so we will hopefully have a big crowd to pay their respects.
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Right decision this, fully understand that players, staff and fans minds would'nt be on the game :(
Welsh

Post by Welsh »

Irish Diamond wrote:The right option - I don't think either the players or fans are up for a game at the moment.

The next game is against Luton on Boxing Day, so we will hopefully have a big crowd to pay their respects.
I agree with this - Eastbourne is too soon and there is something appropriate about a big game & big gate to show Dale their respect. I hope that the decision is for a silent rather than applause tribute. I like the latter in some circumstances, but I think they are most appropriate for those who have lived their life and a sense of a live fulfilled.

I would prefer the silent, thoughtful and reflective choice in this case.
super noodles

Post by super noodles »

I agree, I feel a silence is probably the more respectful, but I would also understand an applause. I can imagine there's only one Dale Roberts will be sang the full 90 minutes.