R&D v Darlo

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rudolph_hucker

Re: R&D v Darlo

Post by rudolph_hucker »

davealbon wrote:
cliffhanger wrote:I have to agree, I dont think he did get the ball. I just thought I would ask your thoughts because the guy I sit with at games is the biggest Ref basher EVER! i presumed he had a decent game as he was very complimentary about him.... wouldnt mind but my mate is a qualified Ref!!!!!
I beg to differ, but I think you'll find that I am the biggest ref basher ever! :lol:
Watch from under the scoreboard, its full of contenders there
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

cliffhanger wrote:DAVEALBON... Whats your thougts on him then?
As for the 'stonewall' penalty in the last minute, it hit Huke straight in the nose!! even Cooper on one of his interviews said he had no problem with the dicision as he could see from where he was that it hit the face..... Bl**dy lucky though! Another Ref, another night?!? (and we have had some who would have given it!!) :-/
I must admit I thought it was one of the better refereeing performances I've seen at this level. He was rather fussy at times, but then let both sides get away with a fair bit of pushing and shoving, however, his decisions seemed to be 50-50 for both sides which is the most important thing. I spoke to a Darlo supporting friend after the game and we were both in agreement about the ref.

The penalty decision was a shocking one though, as the 'keeper didn't get anywhere near the ball. Az made the most of it and did try to buy the penalty, but there was definitely contact between the 'keeper's hand and O'Connor's leg. Had a defender done the same thing outside of the box the ref would have had no hesitation in giving a free kick, but inside the box it's a different matter for some reason!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

Not really worthy of its own thread, but P*** T**** bust his cruciate ligament today and is out for the rest of the season :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also rumours that Cooper is on his way out..
DiamondsR4ever

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

DiamondsFan wrote:Not really worthy of its own thread, but P*** T**** bust his cruciate ligament today and is out for the rest of the season :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also rumours that Cooper is on his way out..
Thats a Shame (sort of) i was really looking forward to the Terry v. Roberts handshake..

Does he shake the hand does he not, does he pull a cheeky little rejection in their etc.. :(
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.